PDA

View Full Version : Lost wedding band recovered and returned

chief5709
09-28-2012, 06:01 PM
September 28, 2012 – A couple of weeks ago I placed an ad on Craigslist offering my assistance to help find lost jewelry. Surprisingly a couple of days later I got an email requesting my services! It was a young wife asking for help to find her husbands wedding band that he lost playing :usaflag: football. My daughter Nat and I met with her last Friday at the field where he lost it. Unfortunately I only had about an hour or so and didn’t recover it. Today I got out of work early, had lunch with my wife and made the 20 minute drive over to the field. It had been raining all day and had let up a little to just a drizzle. I put the 15” WOT on the ET, set my park/coin mode and started gridding the field. Thirty minutes later I found it! I called her up and she thought I was calling to say I wasn’t coming over today because of the rain, I said “nope, I’m at the field and I found your husband’s ring”. She said “we will be right over”. When I met up with them she was obviously very excited and told me they were going to buy a new ring this weekend. They are a young couple from out of state, he is in the Navy and training at a local atomic power lab. She tried to pay me but I refused. I told them that my grandfather served in the Navy and thanked him for his service to our country.

Fire Fighter 43
09-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Very nice and congrats on a great find. You are to be commented on a successful return. WTG |:cheering:

milco
09-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Awesome return, WTG and what a good deed!

JTGOLD
09-28-2012, 09:41 PM
great job of finding the ring and returning it to the owner, |:cheering: |:cheering:

aloldstuff
09-29-2012, 06:24 AM
Great job on getting that ring back to its rightful owner. I am sure that they were both very happy :perfect10:

CODY
09-29-2012, 08:15 AM
That my friend is what its all about. You, will be rewarded! Great job!

jkress
09-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Awesome job chief5709. :clapping: It's great you were able to locate the ring for them.
Congratulations. thumbsup01