PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle Has Landed - First Gold Coin!

CyberSage
04-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I got permission to hunt a government building from my friend George. I had helped him get a job a couple of times over the last 8 or 9 years, so he kind of owed me one. He no longer worked at the location I was going to hunt, but he still had a little pull to get me permission to hunt. I had not been swinging more than 20 minutes when I got a solid hit at about 70 VDI. It pinpointed at 6 inches deep so I thought I might have a nice Indian Head penny. I cut the plug, and what I saw right in the bottom of the plug about made my heart stop beating in my chest. I could not believe what I was seeing. I lifted the coin and the heavy weight confirmed that I had just found my first Gold coin!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/April1a.jpg

An 1896 Double Eagle in great shape. My hands were shaking when I took this picture, but it came out ok. Here is a picture of the dig site...

...beautiful building

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/April1b.jpg

Keep Swing'in
Jack

tanacat
04-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Ummm... April Fool's? :huh: You know we'll all be skeptical with every thread started today.... lol I'm new to MD'ing and can be a bit gullible and never found any gold, but doesn't gold have VDI in the 20's?

Well, if this IS for real.... Congrats!!! :cheesysmile:

magic
04-01-2010, 10:03 AM
I detected there once. I got permission from Colan... I cant see how I would have missed that coin! I am really upset with myself right now! Anyway,...Great find!

coinnut
04-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Ummm... April Fool's?
I'm new to MD'ing and can be a bit gullible and never found any gold, Congrats!!!

Ummm Tana, take a good look at that building lol Right after Jack found it the FBI shot him for tresspassing lol

tanacat
04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
You think you can organize a group hunt there? Willing to share? It sure is a beautiful building... and I believe no place has ever been hunted out...

tanacat
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Ummm Tana, take a good look at that building lol Right after Jack found it the FBI shot him for tresspassing lol

Yes George, I've been there and have a college degree ;) and knew it was George as in 'W'... not you lol I was playing an april fools by letting ya'll think I was that gullible and not being able to recognize our capital, I do live in Eastern Ky you know rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
:ticked: damn ya had me until i saw the white house :bop:

Beefcake
04-01-2010, 12:30 PM
That was a classic Jack! Remember that thread on the other forum about being arrested for detecting...Brian in TN had all the pictures of the arrest... turns out his friend was a cop... That one was the best...

coinnut
04-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes George, I've been there and have a college degree ;) and knew it was George as in 'W'... not you lol I was playing an april fools by letting ya'll think I was that gullible and not being able to recognize our capital, I do live in Eastern Ky you know rofl

Whew... lol I was worried about you ;) Who's GW anyways? :) :angelic: :grin:

CyberSage
04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Happy April Fool's Day!

Hope you all had a fun one.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Epi-hunter
04-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Well, it could be true.... :-\ :-\ ;)

tanacat
04-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Well, it could be true.... :-\ :-\ ;)

If Jack lived in D.C. maybe? lol I wonder if anyone has actually asked to hunt there?

Ill Digger
04-02-2010, 12:48 AM
That was a pretty good one Jack!! lol
You almost had me going ;)
I just caught this one too late in the day.
I've been fooled-out today (I guess it was yesterday now) but....
Thanks for the chuckel.... HH :grin: