PDA

View Full Version : 1860'S POCKET SPILL

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-30-2012, 07:24 PM
got out with forum members sniffy and seanprodanas.was a little wet start but cleared up later in the day. started off at a site Sean had found.i got 2 buttons at that site.I had some back up sites that i had marked down and we decided to try a couple of those.1st 2 were pounded pretty good and didnt get anything.3 rd site was on private property and as we saw the dirt rd to go in.3 elderly ladies were walking down the road.I told sniffy to pull over i'll ask them if they know. what luck..one of the ladies owned the property and said sure go ahead so we found the grist mill site and snapped a picture then proceeded up to the cellar hole.we only had a couple hours at the site and would love to go back but she said just today only ok?
i got a 3 coin spill in front of cellar hole.two 2 centers and a 1864 IH.
never dug a holed 2 center before & sad the other one was mangled
was nice to meet sean finally and hope to get together again with him.
picture from left to right is Sean,me and Jesse(sniffy)

milco
09-30-2012, 07:27 PM
That last site sounds like a great one! Congrats on the spill and hope you get to go back to that one!

Tony Two-Cent
09-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I've never found a two-cent piece and here you are finding them two at a time! :crying02: lol

Nice finds, Dave, and boy that last site sure seems like it has potential! Even if you don't get to go back, one hunt there is better than none.

Nice 1864 Indian Head too! It must be the bronze version judging by the color and the condition. The fatties always seem to be more toasted.

Great group photo! Congrats on the nice finds! :happydance01:

del
10-01-2012, 07:05 AM
congrats on getting out with friends Dave , to bad about the coins crying01

aloldstuff
10-01-2012, 07:32 AM
Dave, some people dont have one 2 center to their credit and here you are digging two at once. They do seem to be in pretty rough shape, usually the ones I see posted are pretty good, any thoughts as to how they got that way. Very nice 64 IH also.

RobW
10-01-2012, 07:54 AM
That's a great pocket spill...very cool...even if rough :clapping:

Merc
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Nice hunt Dave, :congrats: On the 2 cent pieces. How did the Sniffster do?

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Nice hunt Dave, :congrats: On the 2 cent pieces. How did the Sniffster do?

i was hopin nobody asked that........ :girlcry: well...ummmmm he got got 2 coppers.one matron head and the 2nd one was a nice CT copper. I always re-check my hole.the one time i didn't guess what? :shocked04:verreaction: i dug a pair of rusty shear blades from the hole and never rechecked the hole assuming it was the big iron that sounded good. i walked off.sure enough Jesse yells Hey Dave :teasing: look what ya left in the hole! the CT :hairpulling: oh well live & learn or learn & live

del
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
i was hopin nobody asked that........ :girlcry: well...ummmmm he got got 2 coppers.one matron head and the 2nd one was a nice CT copper. I always re-check my hole.the one time i didn't guess what? :shocked04:verreaction: i dug a pair of rusty shear blades from the hole and never rechecked the hole assuming it was the big iron that sounded good. i walked off.sure enough Jesse yells Hey Dave :teasing: look what ya left in the hole! the CT :hairpulling: oh well live & learn or learn & live

wow Dave your playing Santa Clause a little early this year lol rofl thats a rookie mistake 8/

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-01-2012, 04:29 PM
wow Dave your playing Santa Clause a little early this year lol rofl thats a rookie mistake 8/

yeah i know :crying02: crap happens lol

sniffy
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
:happy: <: <: :happydance01: happydance02 ::usaflag:: :smitten: :loveit: :cheesysmile: :grin: lol rofl rofl rofl rofl :happy: