PDA

View Full Version : Silver in 4 sizes and then some

z118
09-30-2012, 07:58 PM
On Saturday morning once again I found myself a bit hesitant to go hunting because of a long list of things to do around the house. But after last weekend's hunt it was a little easier to convince myself all that stuff can wait. I headed back the same spot a few towns over that gave up 7 silvers last weekend; figuring there must be more there. Within an hour of starting I scored a small silver wire ring, and then a war nickel, and then a second silver ring. But then hordes of kids showed up for soccer practice. After lingering in some out of the way areas for a while I took my leave and headed to a second spot in this town that I had been planning to check out.

I spent the first 40 minutes at this second spot wandering around without so much as one target other than a single zinc penny on the surface. I was thinking of what other spots I could check out since this one was clearly a bust. I started to head back to my car but a then convinced myself to give it some more time. A few minutes later I got a signal that didn't seem too exciting... I pulled a plug and pinpointed and the target was in the hole. I dug a bit deeper and low and behold TWO silver coins turn up and holy sweet mercy one of them was a half. I didn't even touch them and just took a minute to savor that sweet feeling. Turned out to be a 46 dime and a 45 half. Halves are pretty rare for me as are silver spills. Certainly a dig I will remember!

So naturally I spent some more time at this spot. I pullet a few clad coins, one deep wheat, a copper disc about 11 in diameter, and finally a glass shaker with a silver metal cap on it. I've actually dug a silver shaker top before but not with the glass still on it... pretty neat find for me. I will certianly hit this spot again.

I got out on Sunday morning too. It was raining so I headed for some tot lots. They were all a complete bust. The weather cleared up a bit and I wound up at one of my favorite schools that I have hunted silly in many previous hunts, but I was lucky to eek out another 4 wheats and a nice 42 quarter.

All in all, it was a very good weekend, even considering the poor clad totals. The WLH will have me smiling all week.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

dalewestaby
09-30-2012, 08:03 PM
ive never seeen a sterling top salt shaker, thats an awesome find, and of course all the rings and stuff :shocked04:stretcher:

Tony Two-Cent
09-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Look at all of that silver! :drool:

That Walking Liberty Half is gorgeous! :smitten:

Congrats on the great finds! :clapping:

CODY
09-30-2012, 11:46 PM
:wow: WTG! Awesome finds, :congrats:

bob_e99
10-01-2012, 06:49 AM
:envious: :envious: :envious:

:wow: :wow: :wow:

:drool: :drool: :drool:

You are having an unbelievable stretch of silver finds and great ones at that. I don't know if it motivates me to get out and hunt or just hang up the detector in frustration :thinkingabout:

:congrats:

aloldstuff
10-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Great hunting and I am betting that you are glad you did not give up on that spot. :congrats: on getting a silver spill, especially the WLH. Very nice salt shaker also.

RobW
10-01-2012, 08:00 AM
Any silver spill, much less one with a Half..is rare for all of us...you were on fire! GREAT haul, congrats! :clapping:

etrac1
10-01-2012, 06:21 PM
You have got some great finds way to go

milco
10-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Congrats on a great weekend with big silver and all! It's funny how multiple coins in the same hole or very close spot can throw the signal off, glad you dug those up!

PL8MAN
10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Great finds , love the salt shaker !!! :beerbuddy:
Glen

POKIE73
10-09-2012, 07:43 PM
congrats on all your finds nice bunch of silver plus all the other finds i really like the old key it sure looks cool dennis

swamp yankee
11-13-2012, 08:53 PM
Great hunt,Walker and all the goodies.Congrats and let it be a valuable lesson to all of us,never give up searching.....

leslie(nova scotia)
11-15-2012, 06:28 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....very productive weekend. Honey dew and othe lists can wait while there is detecting to be done. <;)

rsarge1
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
WTG! Awesome finds, :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

jkress
11-15-2012, 11:20 PM
:perfect10: !! Congratulations on some very nice keepers. :smitten:

Great dig on the WLH Z. :beerbuddy: