PDA

View Full Version : Solo Hunt...pocket FULL of keepers

RobW
10-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Al wasn't up to par for our ritual weekend hunt. I thought about going cellar hole hunting, but it had been raining and still looked like the bottom would drop out any moment and I didn't want to be out in the woods when that happened, especially on a dirt road >:#...so I decided to hit a park we had been having a lot of success at this year. We have already cherry picked the heck out of it...and now we actually have to hunt it lol

Within 10 minutes I already had 4 silvers in my pocket. I first hit a 41 silver quarter, then a few feet away, a 42 silver quarter (I had to check my pocket to ensure myself that it wasn't the one I just found), then 2 silver Roosies just feet away from those. I worked the ground slow and steady, and after 4 hours only covered a small area of the park...in the end....I tied my silver record of 8 silvers, plus 1 V nickel, 1 Buffalo, a 41 Jeff, and a 68s (recent drop) 1 Indian, and 11 wheats...I was really hoping to hit 10 and have a double digit silver day....but >:#...but it was a great hunt, and I really have no room to complain \:hammer:

I just hope Al is back up and running soon.....well maybe not running, but at least walking lol

aloldstuff
10-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Hey Rob, what a great hunt you had. Can't begin to tell you how much I would have liked to go, but I figured that all I would do is agravate my leg more. Your silver count is really getting up there and huge congrats on the V. I know how you have been want one. Thanks for the concerns about the leg and as I type its feeling pretty good. Looking forward to next weekend.

dalewestaby
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
nice finds, sounds like an amazing day!

Tony Two-Cent
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Wow, what a fantastic hunt! Congrats on all that silver, Rob!

I love the old nickels too! thumbsup01

:congrats:

CODY
10-02-2012, 07:13 AM
WOW! Eight silvers in one day. I can only dream of such a day. WTG! Congrats!

milco
10-02-2012, 09:10 AM
What a great hunt! Congrats!

Thiltzy
10-02-2012, 05:20 PM
8 silver day is better than most peeps find in a month or two. Gratz

Can some one please donate a camera to Rob lol

dave in iowa
10-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Great hunt ,nice silver count
|:cheering:

Ill Digger