PDA

View Full Version : APRIL FOOLS DAY HOUSE HUNT*CIVIL WAR MASS MILITIA BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
had permission to hunt the 3 family house behind me.think it was built around 1900. a lot of brass targets here and basically the back yard is a old dump.coal ash and coal chunks everywhere.broken glassware,pottery etc.
digging tons of brass and copper then i pop a button.i'm all pumped cuz it looked like a civil war Massachusetts militia button to me dirty and all. :shocked04: put it in my container thinking the whole time yee haw!!!!! :drool:
sure looked like one until i cleaned it up :crying02: even the button gods were having fun on april fools day ;)
oh well :confused:
SORRY i hadda get you all with the title on thread! happy april fools day and everyone have a happy and safe easter! thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
more pics

angellionel
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
All of these April Fools day hunts have been like land mines - need to be careful where to 'step' on. lol It's a good looking button, even if not what you expected. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
All of these April Fools day hunts have been like land mines - need to be careful where to 'step' on. lol It's a good looking button, even if not what you expected. :yes:

lol thanks angel.well it could possibly be civil war after all? i was doing some reading about a civil war regiment called the Irish Brigade they had the quote erin go braughon the buttons.but have been unable to find any pics of the buttons

Epi-hunter
04-01-2010, 06:58 PM
No one has said a word about April Fool's since Tana's PM to me today about her $30,000+ commemorative coin, which I actually believed for a minute lol and now all these posts. :) I have to be careful what I read lol

coinnut
04-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Nice finds Dave.... You are after all, Dave right?? lol Don't know who to believe anymore. :-\ Nice two piece button. At least you got to go hunting today thumbsup01 Some good stuff. Must be nice to live close to the Waterbury Button Factory lol lol lol

John M
04-02-2010, 06:02 AM
OK Dave the title got me thinking about seeing the militia button.But I really like the button you found.I lean towards my Irish heritage and would have loved to find that one.Being Irish comes second to being an American of course.That is an interesting one and a keeper in my book.