PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Day #2 = 16 silvers!!

Ill Digger
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Monday I took another vacation day and headed up to Wisconsin again to hunt with Jeff Fire Fighter 43.

16 Silver Hunt (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4YQ-X39DJE&list=UUownes_vyZcyAKmEK26L2tg&index=1&featu re=plcp#)

After about 45 minutes I got a 12-43 at 3 inches.
Expecting to find a memorial penny. When I flipped over the plug I seen this! :loveit:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1851.jpg

A root has grown through one of the holes in the ring. I thought that was kinda cool . :cool: lol
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1882.jpg
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1886.jpg

Towards the end of the day I got a 12 -45 at 4 or 5 inches and out pops another sterling silver ring! :happydance01:
It was bent pretty bad. I can barely make out the sterling stamp even with my loupe. But it's there. lol :shocked01:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1889.jpg

A short while later I got a pendant with a ram on it. I wasn't sure if it was silver at the time due to the tarnishing. After getting home and looking with my loupe I seen 835 stamped on the loop. :confused: :dontknow:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1883.jpg

After doing a little research come to find out that 835 is a grade of silver popular with vintage German silver jewelry. thumbsup01
Sweet! |:cheering: Learned some new again! thumbsup01 lol

Along the way I picked up some other neat finds.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1878.jpg

While digging a few holes I came across these old buttons. I'm not sure what they're made of. :dontknow:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1879.jpg
They remind me of the inside of a clam shell. If you rub them a white chalky stuff rubs off on your fingers.

This has got to be my best silver day ever! 16 pieces of silver!!! <:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1877.jpg

Not to mention 23 wheaties along the way too. :)
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/Metal%20Detectin%202012/IMG_1881.jpg

It was a great day weather wise! And as always a great time huntin' and hangin' out with Jeff! :beerbuddy:
Thanks for coming along Jeff! thumbsup01

Thanks for lookin' & HH everyone! :groovy:

jkress
10-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Good lord Tim. :shocked04: :drool: :peace:

What a pile of silver. :smitten: Now that is how you hunt a picnic grove. :clapping:

Awesome silver spill. Great video too.

A big congratulations to you.

dave in iowa
10-03-2012, 11:24 PM
wow ,what a day . congradulations |:cheering:

dalewestaby
10-04-2012, 04:49 AM
Wow, i would love to go hunting with you guys!

aloldstuff
10-04-2012, 05:19 AM
What a great vacation day....16 pieces of silver = huge. You and Jeff had fantastic spot. :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
10-04-2012, 06:00 AM
:shocked04: :shocked03: :omg: :wow:

Look at all that silver! :drool:

Incredible hunt, Tim!

Now THAT'S how to spend a vacation day! thumbsup01

I'll have to watch the video later because it's time for me to head to work.

HUGE congrats on the finds! <:

leslie(nova scotia)
10-04-2012, 06:43 AM
See you are having a banner vacation. That is a ton of silver. Continued good hunting! <;)

milco
10-04-2012, 06:59 AM
What a great way to spend a vacation day! Gotta love this weather we're having too! Congrats on a fantastic hunt, very cool pieces of silver and variety of finds, WTG! :perfect10:

z118
10-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Is there are drooling smiley?

What a day that was! Congrats on a whole pile of keepers. Wow!

buck57
10-04-2012, 08:46 PM
:omg: Holy crap Tim. You sure got the mother load on that vacation day. :congrats:

CODY
10-05-2012, 12:47 PM
WOW What a day! :congrats:

Epi-hunter
10-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Wow, some awesome finds and a great haul of silver :perfect10:

etrac1
10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Wow that was a great hunt wtg ::usaflag::

Snapolson
10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
I saw your video on YT the other day. Man you were on fire!!! Congrats Tim. :clapping:

Fire Fighter 43
10-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Congrats again on all the silver, WTG |:cheering: It was a great day to be hunting and thanks again for the invite. I still can not believe I could not find a single silver, I guess I got my share last time we were there. Etrac 16 CTX 0, that is a blowout!! After thinking about my day I feel like my mind was elsewhere with having to leave for a couple hours to deal with my family issue. Anyway thanks again and of course I can not wait to get back on that ground.

tanacat
10-06-2012, 04:40 PM
:wow: :clapping:

Way to go Tim!!! Glad to see you out w/huntin' buddies!

Good to know about the 835- congrats on ALL that silver |:cheering: Love all the toys! I have a plane similiar to yours, also w/broken wing. I wonder if super glue would work okay on the metal. Mine is kinda porous looking, being so old.

PL8MAN
10-09-2012, 02:03 PM
WOW what a hunt ! Great bunch of silver , super video ! thumbsup01
Glen

Ill Digger
10-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Good lord Tim. :shocked04: :drool: :peace:

What a pile of silver. :smitten: Now that is how you hunt a picnic grove. :clapping:

Awesome silver spill. Great video too.

A big congratulations to you.
Thanks Joe! thumbsup01
It sure felt good to finally get out and pull some silvers! :daydream:

wow ,what a day . congradulations |:cheering:
Thanks Dave!
Yeah, I couldn't ask for a much better day. |:cheering:

Wow, i would love to go hunting with you guys!
We're trying to put together a American Detectorist group hunt so we all can have a chance to meet one another.

What a great vacation day....16 pieces of silver = huge. You and Jeff had fantastic spot. :perfect10:
Yep! thumbsup01 I'm glad that I had a good day having spent one of my Vacation days to go MDing. lol

:shocked04: :shocked03: :omg: :wow:

Look at all that silver! :drool:

Incredible hunt, Tim!

Now THAT'S how to spend a vacation day! thumbsup01

I'll have to watch the video later because it's time for me to head to work.

HUGE congrats on the finds! <:
Thanks Tony! |:confused:)
It was a great day! weather wise and of course a handful of silvers was the cherry on the top! :happydance01:

See you are having a banner vacation. That is a ton of silver. Continued good hunting! <;)
Thanks Les! thumbsup01

What a great way to spend a vacation day! Gotta love this weather we're having too! Congrats on a fantastic hunt, very cool pieces of silver and variety of finds, WTG! :perfect10:
Thanks Darren! :beerbuddy:
It was a great well rounded hunt! Some old silver jewelry and some old silver coins, plus a few nice relics to go along with them. thumbsup01

Is there are drooling smiley?

What a day that was! Congrats on a whole pile of keepers. Wow!
Thanks Z |:confused:)
:yes: Yeah we got a drooling smiley.... :drool: :drool:

:omg: Holy crap Tim. You sure got the mother load on that vacation day. :congrats:
Thanks buck57 |:confused:)
It sure was a lot of fun! <:

WOW What a day! :congrats:
Thanks Cody! :grin:

Wow, some awesome finds and a great haul of silver :perfect10:
Thanks Angie! |:confused:)
I almost felt like someone else we know for the day. ;) lol

Wow that was a great hunt wtg ::usaflag::
Thanks etrac1 ! thumbsup01

I saw your video on YT the other day. Man you were on fire!!! Congrats Tim. :clapping:
Thanks Christian! |:confused:)
It was a action packed day for sure! :yes:
They just don't come around like this very often. :dontknow:
That's what makes a day like this so special! :daydream:

Congrats again on all the silver, WTG |:cheering: It was a great day to be hunting and thanks again for the invite. I still can not believe I could not find a single silver, I guess I got my share last time we were there. Etrac 16 CTX 0, that is a blowout!! After thinking about my day I feel like my mind was elsewhere with having to leave for a couple hours to deal with my family issue. Anyway thanks again and of course I can not wait to get back on that ground.
Thanks Jeff! It was a perfect day for swinging :yes: I was kinda thinking the same thing. I noticed you were really covering some ground. (unlike you) It almost seemed as if you were trying to hurry and find some. I can't blame you though either :dontknow: It's too bad you had to leave mid-day. But family matters prevail over MDing alot. I understand. I also feel bad you didn't find at least 1 silver coin for your efforts :( \:[ But don't fret my friend. We'll get back out there. :yes: ;)

:wow: :clapping:

Way to go Tim!!! Glad to see you out w/huntin' buddies!

Good to know about the 835- congrats on ALL that silver |:cheering: Love all the toys! I have a plane similiar to yours, also w/broken wing. I wonder if super glue would work okay on the metal. Mine is kinda porous looking, being so old.
Thanks Tana :groovy:
It's always a good time hunting with Jeff.
Yeah, the 835 stamp was a total surprise to me.
I'm tellin' ya, I think I've learned more through MDing than all my years in school I think. lol
I don't know if glue would do the trick. :dontknow: Maybe for a display. But I wouldn't glue it and hand it over to one of the boys and expect it to hold. \:hammer: lol
If your kids are as rough on their toys as my boys are.... well, it probably wouldn't even make it out the back door before getting broke again. :rolleyes: lol

WOW what a hunt ! Great bunch of silver , super video ! thumbsup01
Glen
Thanks Glen! |:confused:)
It was a blast of a hunt that's for sure! I couldn't have asked for a much better day of MDing.

tech125
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Fantastic hunt, plus a ring as a kicker, congrats.One that you will remember for a long time....

Ill Digger
10-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Fantastic hunt, plus a ring as a kicker, congrats.One that you will remember for a long time....
Thanks Rob! Yeah it was alotta fun!!
That'll be a tough one to beat! lol

tanacat
10-13-2012, 08:20 AM
:shocked03: What?! Let the boys play with MY toys:huh: \:[ lol

It's pretty funny that MOMMY is territorial about Hotwheels, guns, marbles, lead soldiers and indians, etc... rofl With all the fighting they do over their own toys. I bet you're protective of your collectible toys too?

I do let them play with the 'tough' newer cars that have wheels attached and the guns but just for a few minutes with me watching with an eagle eye. The other day Logan took my Derringer snap gun out of my display case without my permission. He lost it in grey mulch (camoflauged) in grandma's front yard which I finally found >:/

It's prob 60 yrs old in excellent condition and still works- thinking I might find some snaps at local hobby store...

Anyway, congrats again on some great hunting on your vacation Tim! :beerbuddy: Hope we meet up for another hunt and our boys can play :) Let me know when you're near Ky and I'll do the same.

zrickkid
10-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Nice job Tim!