PDA

View Full Version : Park Site - High Hopes

milco
10-04-2012, 07:08 AM
A couple of us ventured out to a park in N Il where we have been before and had high hopes. Last time there was two years ago and we all scored silver after the park people cleared out some invasive species. They did some more clearings recently and earlier this year so we decided to change our plans and start our day here. The pond at this park is also extremely low due to lack of rain. Unfortunately, we found little to nothing in the way of old picnic grove type relics and only two wheaties were had. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

aloldstuff
10-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Darren, I would not give up on that park. It's been many a time when I have gone to a park and gotten almost skunked for keepers but then go back a few weeks later and BAM a really good keeper shows up.

ChrisinCT
10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Even though the findings were slim look at the beautiful surroundings you were in, and nothing wrong with a couple weaties.
Sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses.

milco
10-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Even though the findings were slim look at the beautiful surroundings you were in, and nothing wrong with a couple weaties.
Sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses.

I hear ya loud & clear! Not complaining at all, just thought we would find more there. A bad day MDing is better than a day at the office anytime!