PDA

View Full Version : New member

ChrisinCT
10-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Chris I live in CT if that wasn't obvious.

I just found this site and really liked what I saw.

I own a Spectra V3i which is my first detector.
I have had it for three years, but didn't use it my second year because I discovered golf and became a golf addict.

This year I wanted to get back into metal detecting and try and really learn my machine.
it hasn't been easy going at it alone not knowing anyone with experience metal detecting.

My first ten minutes on this site reading the V3 thread I learned a few things about my machine I never knew so thank you to all who shared their experience there.

Well just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to sharing my experiences as well as learning from yours.

del
10-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Hello Chris , what part of the state are you at?? there are more than a few hobbyists here in Ct so wherever your living i'm sure theres a couple pretty close by. i'm up in Enfield but have been all over the state to detect. let me know if you want to attend a local metal detecting club meeting this tuesday night its a great place to meet fellow detectorists in your immediate area . glad you could join us here .

Dan

Epi-hunter
10-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum! You have a great machine. :yes:

Several of our staff and members here are among the most experienced and knowledgeable users of the v3i. There is a lot of good information here - looking forward to seeing your finds. :)

Celluforce
10-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Welcome Chris! :cool:

...From Eastern Townships of Quebec! [attachimg=1]

V3i... Nice machine!

Daniel

OxShoeDrew
10-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Hi fellow nutmegger, Del is a golfer and I played for 30 years before finding mding. What type of hunting do you do? :waving:

Tony Two-Cent
10-05-2012, 05:56 AM
Glad you found us here on American Detectorist, Chris! :clapping:

I gave up on golf long ago. It was too frustrating for me. (Because I wasn't any good at it.) lol

Best of luck with your V3i. Keep us updated on your hunts! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
10-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Chris, welcome from western MA. I too played the game of golf, or did it play me.....had to give it up cause of physical ailments but then mding came into my life. I also am swinging a V3i, it can be confusing. The 1st year I had it I primarily ran in C&J but then I discovered HI-PRO. Hope we can be of assistance to you.

Lowjiber
10-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada.

That Hubbard Park looks like a gold mine for detecting. Have you tried it yet?

CODY
10-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Glad you found us. There is plenty of folks here that would be happy to answer any of your questions. Looking forward to your finds and post. HH

lee
10-05-2012, 01:02 PM

ive cleaned that park out and so has every other tom , dick and harry....lol
welcome chris im in wethersfield ct and if you fancy going to the meeting on tuesday you can catch a ride with me if ya like.
pm me if ya do.

ChrisinCT
10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Hi fellow nutmegger, Del is a golfer and I played for 30 years before finding mding. What type of hunting do you do? :waving:

I'll hunt anything. I'm not particular. I do gravitate towards finding coins but I'm up for it all.

ChrisinCT
10-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Hello Chris , what part of the state are you at?? there are more than a few hobbyists here in Ct so wherever your living i'm sure theres a couple pretty close by. i'm up in Enfield but have been all over the state to detect. let me know if you want to attend a local metal detecting club meeting this tuesday night its a great place to meet fellow detectorists in your immediate area . glad you could join us here .

Dan
I may take you up on the offer in the future. Thank you.

I'm in Meriden

ChrisinCT
10-05-2012, 06:20 PM

Several times. It's been hunted to death. I think the first thing anyone that buys a detector does is go there first. I've spent a lot of hours searching and other than clad I have found one mercury dime and a few wheaties. I have even ventured into the woods hoping to stumble across something but to date all I find is old beer cans and shotgun shells.

Every once in a while I go back and spend an hour searching a new piece of land. One day it will pay off. Another park that is picked clean is Brookside park it is the oldest park in town 1850's if memory serves. It doesn't get much use any longer other than the occasional hoodlum stabbing or shooting. Spent many many hours there for a tiny bit of clad and one wheatie and the old copper pipe that must have fed an old fountain at some point long ago. The pipe is probably worth a few bucks considering its 2 diameter and thick. Don't know how long I lost the signal after ten feet due to a rise in the landscape. That's not my style the pipe can and should stay there where its belongs.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Fire Fighter 43
10-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. You have a great machine as a starter and you should find plenty of help here. good Luck and Happy Hunting.

jkress
10-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Welcome to American Detectorist Chris. Glad to see you found us. :clapping:

You have a very nice machine. :yes: Lots of great, helpful folks here more than willing to answer questions
or share tips.

I'm looking forward to your posts and finds. :->

Mudder
10-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi Chris and welcome. There is plenty of experience here and members that have the same machine. They are all more than willing to lend a hand when needed. So take the opportunity. :waving:

DirtyMoney
10-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Welcome, from the Great Lakes State of Michigan.

You should have no problem getting help, here, with your machine.

GL & HH