PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kentuckiana!

Geekwinkle
04-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Hello all, from the Kentucky/Indiana border! Been detecting a long time off and on, and in researching the E-Trac stumbled onto this site. Yes, I'm about to abandon White's (XLT, you've been good to me, but it's time to move on.... :crying02: ) and join what seems to be an ever-increasing number of Minelab converts. Hope to have one here in the next couple of weeks to see what it'll do here in Southern Indiana.

BTW, for current owners, I've run the emulator until I'm blue in the face... (the E Trac one, if there are others then I'm not aware of them)... how accurate or close to 'real life' is it as far as basic function/tone/adjustments go?

angellionel
04-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. :) We do have several E-Trac users here, so there should be enough information to help you in your transition. The emulator is actually quite accurate, though you will find that there is a good variance in the Fe and Co numbers when it comes to deeply buried targets. It is definitely a good way to become acquainted with the machine. :yes:

Epi-hunter
04-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forum! I'm not too far from you... Lexington, KY area. There are several E-Trac users here, including myself. Looking forward to hearing how you like the E-Trac! The emulator is great and quite accurate, for the shallower targets at least, if you have the U.S. versions of of the coin and trash files. The adjustments and tones are very accurate :)

coinnut
04-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi and welcome thumbsup01 I'm an E trac'er and I'm too lazy to use the emulator lol I just go into the field and hunt :yes: I also converted from a DFX, started with a Coinmaster V Supreme (a long time ago). Love The E Trac. I find the biggest challenge is to go SLOW. Them White's let you whip along. Not so with Minelab. Look forward to seeing your finds, past and present.

xzlr8n
04-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Welcome from Upstate NY!! Sorry i'm a V3 user thumbsup01

Ill Digger
04-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illionois :grin: ...from a DFX user ;)

del
04-07-2010, 07:26 AM
hey how you doing Geekwinkle glad you could join us here at American Detectorist.

randy
04-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. V3 user here, but at least considering playing with the Minelab someday as well.

yazoo
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Welcome to the forum GW ,V3 user and lovin it from Indiana. H.H. Yazoo

hoser
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Welcome GW. I use and love the Etrac. And what coinnut said go slow! Thats really the key to making some great finds. I had a hard time as well coming from the DFX myself, but now its becoming second nature. I used the emulator as well and for me it really helped learn this machine.

SeabeeRon
04-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Hello back at ya from a California! :grin: 8) WELCOME!