PDA

View Full Version : One ringy-dingy...two ringy-dingy...

Beefcake
04-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Went to a friends house, my first virgin site with the ET. The house was built in the 1920's and I had to get to it quick before he lost it to the bank. It was a faster moving hunt than I'd prefer, but I was able to pull a couple of nice finds amongst the mountain of clad coins. I found no older coins whatsoever, which was odd, but I did manage to get two silver rings out of the deal which made me pretty happy :) One looked like a man's ring with a red stone in it and the other is a wedding band marked, both marked sterling. These two makes 3 silver rings for the year! Here's the pics..

angellionel
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Those are some good looking rings. Where you using Conductive tone? If so, they must have sounded quite strong. :)

Beefcake
04-01-2010, 08:42 PM
yes CO... they both rang up really strong like a quarter. I used just the basic coin program and then I switched to yours toward the end... That yard is really trashy and it created alot of noise. I'm thinking the dirt may have been moved at some point. I was digging alot of memorials at over 4 deep. Glad to say that there is getting to be very little trash dug recently...

Epi-hunter
04-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Very nice rings!! Glad you got to them before the bank reclaimed the yard :)

Beefcake
04-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I did some cleaning on that man's ring.. I originally thought it said sterling on the inside...the writing is not really clear, but I believe it says it's 14 k and something else... seems it is plated if I were to guess.

coinnut
04-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice hunt. I hope you can get back there for the deeper stuff before the bank gets it :mad: That ring may be 14 K and have some hallmarks too. If it doesn't show any breaks in the gold, like it's plated, then it may be real gold. The stone can just be a Garnet or if you are lucky a Ruby. :shocked04: Either way , score one for the E Trac and BC lol thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Ill Digger
04-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Now thats what you call cherry pickin' a site :yes:
Are you gonna get a chance to get back in there before they're out?
The silver band in the hole is a great picture!!
Thats what we all like to see :drool:
Your really slaying it with the new ET!
Congrats :grin:
Keep it up & HH

Lowjiber
04-02-2010, 06:41 AM
Nice digs, Beef!!!

You're an ET guy now!!! :yes:

magic
04-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Nice going...I really like that mans ring!

tanacat
04-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Congrats on the rings! thumbsup01 It's extra satisfying in trashy areas :yes:

hoser
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Nice going on the rings buddy. You have definately become one with your ET. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
nice rings beef! hope the stone ring turns out to be somethin speacial.still a good lookin ring if not.
try to get back there! thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Nice rings Brian!! You are finding more than I have been out here on the beach!! 8)