PDA

View Full Version : Any Silver is Good Silver

z118
10-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Not too much digging for me this weekend but I did alright with the time I had. I got out Saturday evening with about an hour of daylight left; I hit a local park and managed a 1952 Rosie and a silver dime that looks like it spent some time on the train tracks. This is the second squished silver dime I've dug from this spot, not 300 yards from the train tracks.

Sunday I thought I had a nice new spot lined up... a long stretch of sidewalk strip in an older section of a local village. The e-trac went nuts though - it was like one big never ending wonky signal. In auto, the sensitivity dropped down to 12, and the few signals I did manage to separate out were all big junk (including the complete, unapplied Genesee beer can top). I stuck it out for a while and scored a bit of older clad but it was more work that it was worth. I hit a few more spots after that but didn't get any keepers until later in the day at an older park where I scored a nice silver ring and a cool old milk/cream bottle.

Not the most productive weekend but the few pieces of silver are enough to keep me happy. We are launching a new software system at work next Monday that we've been working on for 18+ months so I don't expect to be able to get in too much hunting for a few weeks.

Happy hunting!

milco
10-07-2012, 07:45 PM
You can say that again! Congrats on the silver!

aloldstuff
10-07-2012, 07:51 PM
The title of your post says it all. :congrats: on scoring some silvers and I hope the software doesn't need to much debugging.

Tony Two-Cent
10-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Silver! :smitten:

I'm curious how that flattened dime rang up on the E-Trac. :thinkingabout:

z118
10-07-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm curious how that flattened dime rang up on the E-Trac. :thinkingabout:

A little low... 12-42 or so I think. I don't pay too much attention to the numbers but it sounded like it might have been a deep wheat. I was pleased it was silver instead but it did take me a minute to figure out what I had dug!

dalewestaby
10-08-2012, 04:55 AM
very coooool, gotta love finding silver! :)

POKIE73
10-08-2012, 05:41 AM
congrats on all your finds nobody can say that you give in easy way to stick it out and come up with some keepers the beer can lid is defintly a different find dennis

bob_e99
10-08-2012, 08:08 AM
:congrats:

More silver including (IMO) a pretty nice ring. You really are putting me in the dust on the silver count. I may have to move up there and claim jump some of your sites. :grin:

CODY
10-08-2012, 12:15 PM
All silver is Good! Congrats

jkress
10-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Nice! Silver = :peace:
Congrats Z. thumbsup01

PL8MAN
10-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Looks like sweet silver to me ! Congrats thumbsup01