PDA

View Full Version : Right or Left?...

jkress
10-09-2012, 11:30 PM
We did a 100+ mile out road trip on Sunday to check out several parks that have been on our list to try this year.

Only the first one gave up some silver. One holed Seated dime for Ron and a Barber, Merc and IH for me.

We briefly hunted a few more less productive parks on the way home without many keepers in our pockets. crying01

On the drive home, Ron remembered a 1951 church he received permission to hunt earlier in the year. So, we made a slight detour to give the site a hunt just before the sun went down. After pulling in, Ron asked if I wanted to go 'right or left'?

I chose right and started searching, he went left and not more than 5 minutes in he yells... I found a Merc. :clapping: For the next 20 minutes, he went 7 digs for 7 silvers in the 30x3 foot side walk section he was searching. :shocked04: It was a fun time watching him dig all of them.

I saved a Wheat and a Merc in my area. Ron pulled one more Merc after he cleaned up the sweet spot, landing him on 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 and 99th silver coin for the year. He is thoroughly enjoying his first full 'Minelab' season. :clapping:

My keepers from Sunday...
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-58.jpg

Additionally, I made it out for a short hunt today before the rain moved in. A few Wheat cents and this nicely detailed
'hunt saving' Barber came up for me.
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-59.jpg

aloldstuff
10-10-2012, 04:32 AM
I would say that the Barber is very nicely detailed, more like dropped right after minting. Right or left, oh how many times have I made the wrong decission. Ya never know. :congrats: on all the silvers

Tony Two-Cent
10-10-2012, 05:59 AM
At least Ron left the choice up to you, and you don't have to blame him for taking the sweet spot! lol

You came home with some nice keepers too, Joe! That 1911 Barber Dime is a thing of beauty! Full liberty, it looks like it was dropped when it was brand new. I love it when you can see every kernel of corn and grain of wheat on the reverse too.

That 1893 Indian Head looks really nice also! Good color and no defects.

Congrats on the cool finds! :clapping:

POKIE73
10-10-2012, 06:05 AM
sounds like you have my luck but you still had a great hunt and a good time thats what it all about hunting with freinds the coins you did find are great looking coins like the 1911 barber they are one of my favorites to find congrats on all your keepers dennis

okiemayor
10-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Great finds Long Drive :congrats:

Ill Digger
10-10-2012, 07:31 PM
So you guys went for it huh? lol
It looks like it payed off for ya guys!
Ron totally killed it !! :wow: Thats a sweet streak! 7 for 7! :omg:
Your 1911 Barber is just mint Joe! :drool:
Congrats on all the goodies! :clapping: :grin:

jkress
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks folks. :)

Right or left, oh how many times have I made the wrong decission.

It's a flip of the silver coin for sure. :yes:

I love it when you can see every kernel of corn and grain of wheat on the reverse too.

Me too Tony. :smitten:
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-60.jpg

but you still had a great hunt and a good time thats what it all about hunting with freinds

Oh heck yes. :yes:
Especially since Ron was worried about getting stuck on #90 and not breaking 100... He almost skipped right past
the 90's in one hunt.

Great finds Long Drive :congrats:

Yes, a long drive indeed. The biggest one we did this year.

So you guys went for it huh? lol

No... not the parks I invited you and Ted to. We still plan on heading that direction before the snow flies. The invitation is always open.

CODY
10-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow, what a hunt! nice finds. That 1911 Barber is Awesome! :congrats:

dave in iowa
10-11-2012, 02:28 AM
great hunt Joe .Lotza miles , but worth the trip for sure |:cheering:

DennisH
10-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Right or left, that's something I bet we all have had to chose. Funny. Keep up the great hunting Joe!!!

milco
10-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Some great finds on that trip! Congrats on 'em! That barber is sweet!

Lowjiber
10-11-2012, 07:19 PM
You still did very well. That Barber is a beaut. |:cheering:

Yogi Berra once said, When you come to a fork in the road, take it.