PDA

View Full Version : First Gold of 2010

z118
04-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I drove to a town some 30 miles away this morning hoping to hit some tot lots and a nice old park. The tot lots proved to be just okay, and the park was a complete bust. I found myself heading home earlier than expected, so I decided to do a little hunting at a favorite spot of mine. I found some 25 silver coins, a two cent piece, a few indian heads, and 15 pieces of silver jewelry at this spot last summer. I managed to sqeeze out another couple of silver dimes during the first few hunts there this year, but the last few hunts had proved fruitless. The trouble with hunting for silver and expecting to find it is that is makes me much more inclined to ignore other signals, which is never something I like to do. At any rate, I swung around for a little under two hours, pulling sparse clad and lots of random junk since good signals are getting few and far between. I was getting a little depressed that silver was not to be found, wondering to myself where I'm going to hunt this summer, when suddenly all that trash digging paid off. I got a lousy signal - seemed a little low for a nickel - but was thrilled to see the glint of a gold chain in the muddy plug. Turned out to be a nice 14kt chain (broken) and a pendant with Jesus' face on it. Silver is nice but I'd be lying if I said I usually wouldn't trade it for a little gold!

My wife likes the fact that I found this on Good Friday...

I'm planning to get out again shortly; hopefully the good luck will continue.

Happy Hunting!

coinnut
04-02-2010, 12:42 PM
Gold is good :drool: :drool: lol I would trade silver for it :yes: Sometimes I think our favorite detecting sites are alive :confused: They seem to know when you are just about all done with them, so they feed you a bone rofl That gold will get you back there at least a couple more times ;) Nice digs.

angellionel
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
That nice find ought to keep you going for a while. It should have recharged your detecting battery. lol Very nice find, Z. thumbsup01

tanacat
04-02-2010, 09:03 PM
That's really really cool you found it on Good Friday! :yes: How ironic!