PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A HUNT!!!

RobW
10-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Al and I debated if this were to be a field hunt or a park hunt.......I'm still not completely decided...being that the best finds were coins...I figured this post belonged here...but it also could be posted in relics......

I give credit to Al for keeping his eyes and ears open and finding us a GREAT spot. At first we started the day on Sat in a field that had been good to us, but neither of us had a keeper after several hours >:# >:/...so we decided to check out a spot Al had heard about...it looked questionable, but we thought we'd give it a whirl....I headed straight across the field...Al went left lol....I was mostly digging recent bullets...then towards the back of the field, I found a rather old button (not pictured)...I decided to grid the area a bit....I dug the really nice flower button shortly thereafter. A &quot:grin: buckle, then a wheat, then a nice 1906 Indian <:... also managed a few lead sealsWe ran out of time, I told Al we were coming back there on Sunday..he had some hesitation...we decided to sweep on our way out......I hit a solid 12/32..Al was just a few feet from me, I told him to come over and sweep his detector...I said Indian...again he doubted me...practically on top of the ground...Indian....he said..yep, we're coming back tomorrow. (2 Indians not pictured)

Sunday we hit the spot early, I finished the back area with nothing to show. I hit a mound of dirt, got a 12/44 signal......there she was...my first of the year :loveit:..1891 seated dime :happy:, I worked the mound some more..12/46.....out of the ground came a BEAUTIFUL 1827 LC...my 10th for the year <:.. a few more feet, another Indian :happydance01:...then nothing more....on the mound

I began working the mid-field area, misc finds..D buckles, lead seals, modern bullets, then I got a 12/10 hit.....I was thinking more lead, but I dug...out of the ground a coin...what can it be... :thinkingabout:...still not sure, but it is definatly a nickle, either Shield or Liberty...I'm going with liberty, another pass and I get another Indian a few feet from the nickle, I think to myself,....things are being found in hot spots, so I really gridded the area.......2 barber dimes, a a few more Indians, a really cool F.D. (fire department?) button, and another really nice button. Also managed, an ox knob, and a few musket balls.

Monday, Al had to work, I went to the spot early......they were bulldozing the site and I couldn't get in >{ >:{ >:# >:/ :shocked04:verreaction:
So I had to find another place to detect...........there will be another post for that hunt :grin:

RobW
10-10-2012, 09:27 AM
More Photos

aloldstuff
10-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Rob, really nice hunting there. That FD button could mean something as far as activity in the field. You sure did rack up the finds, huge :congrats: on your seated and of course getting your 10th LC which meets your goal for the year.

Maybe on our next visit I can get more than 1 keeper rofl

tanacat
10-10-2012, 10:07 AM
:omg: Congrats on everything Rob! You really found some goodies!!! Esp congrats on 10 LC's for the year! |:cheering:

CODY
10-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Nice finds :congrats:

pulltabsteve
10-13-2012, 05:26 AM
NICE! Great digs. Congratulations thumbsup01 :clapping:

jkress
10-14-2012, 02:37 AM
:shocked04: Absolutely... quite a hunt here. :clapping:
Awesome bunch of keepers. Congrats Rob. :happydance01: