PDA

View Full Version : Learning and loving the ETrac

BHNugget
10-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Got my ETrac a little over a month ago and am loving it!! Im starting to get the hang of picking out the not quite so clear-iffy signals. Heres the silver from a couple after work hunts the last couple nights. I didnt picture the wheats I pulled and have been passing signals in the 5 or less depths (gotta leave something for my brother lol). The weather has been turning chilly here making the detecting a little more enjoyable than in the miserable heat we were having.

Epi-hunter
10-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Congratulations on such success with the new E-Trac! :perfect10: Love those silvers... I am sure there are many more in store for you :)

Tony Two-Cent
10-12-2012, 05:50 AM
Wow, great finds! Looks at all of that silver! :loveit:

Nice Standing Liberty Quarter! You can see that it has an S mint mark even though the date is worn off. Still a cool coin!

Congrats on your success with the E-Trac! Trust me, you will continue to like it more and more. :yes:

aloldstuff
10-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Super nice finds, thats a bunch of silver. My hunting partner uses the Etrac and has had pretty good success with it. Keep learning, keep digging and more of the goods will come your way. :perfect10:

CODY
10-12-2012, 06:43 AM
Awesome finds. Congrats!

Jason in Enid
10-12-2012, 03:53 PM
I don't see any Rosies or Washingtons in there. You better start digging shallower targets or you'll leave some behind! :grouphug:

Seriously, those are some great finds! Congrats to you!

Ill Digger
10-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I don't see any Rosies or Washingtons in there. You better start digging shallower targets or you'll leave some behind!
lol Good point! :yes:
But yeah, it looks like your defiantly getting the hang of the E Trac ! thumbsup01
Nice finds! :cool:
Congrats! :grin:

BHNugget
10-12-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't see any Rosies or Washingtons in there. You better start digging shallower targets or you'll leave some behind! :grouphug:

Seriously, those are some great finds! Congrats to you!

Thanks Jason. Ive pulled quite a few rosies from the site, but lately Ive just been bent on trying to find older, deeper coins at the site.The signals Ive been digging have pretty jumpy FE numbers (anywhere from 01 to 17) but the COs stay fairly consistent (high 30s and up). Ive been mainly listening to the audio and then looking at the screen, but every so often I'll get a great sounding iffy signal and will give decent numbers and even pinpoint the same spot Im recieving the signal, but after the plug is cut the signal seems to disappear. Not sure what to make of it, unless its a rust spot where some iron has completely disintegrated away.??

jkress
10-14-2012, 02:35 AM
:peace: :clapping:
Congrats and welcome to the Minelab machines. :happydance01: My hunting partner switched brands this year.
For the first time since he has been detecting (many years), he has reached a 100 silver year. Previous seasons
yielded 20's and 30's.

No doubt you will continue to learn and enjoy shiny coins in your holes. :->

RobW
10-15-2012, 10:51 AM
I love my E-Trac...but I dig most silvers at less than 5 inches, even LCs and other older coins...so don't go by depth, go by signal and tone

leslie(nova scotia)
10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
You are one with your machine and in good favour with the &quot:beerbuddy:ig Guy on the medallion. Awesome me son! <;)