PDA

View Full Version : Finds are getting scarce at my site

fyrffytr1
10-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I hunted for 6 hours yesterday and 4 today and this is the result.The penny is a 1917D, the large button to the left of it is a 1 piece with a Wadhams & Co. Superfine backmark that dates it to 1847. The small flower button to the right is also 1 piece and has a good bit of gold gilt left on it. It too, has a backmark but I can't make it out. The suspender hookunder the large button has pat. Sep 2nd 1856 on the back of it. The rest of the finds are round balls three bullets ( 2 modern) and assorted casings and other junk. The penny is very worn.

aloldstuff
10-14-2012, 04:29 PM
You still got yourself a nice variety of relics. I've had days where just a musketball made me smile. For over 2 1/2 years I did a corn field and just when I thought it was beatin to death, another great item would surface.

OxShoeDrew
10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
What kind of site is it? Field, cellar hole? Lot of nonferrous stuff still....maybe some more coins to be had.

fyrffytr1
10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
This site consists of several large fields and there are a lot of iron targets but most I have dug are cut nails or small unidentifiable pieces. We only hunt these fields after they have been plowed and before being planted.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-17-2012, 08:22 AM
with targets like that your bound to hit a few more buttons.those are all great button sounding signals.hopefully some coins surface when he plows again