PDA

View Full Version : Like new war nickel

Snapolson
10-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I got out yesterday for my usual afternoon hunt at one of my favorite parks nearby by. First, I found a penny spill. All 80's and 90's memorials except for one. They were all on the surface just under the leaves. I was pleasantly surprised to see a wheatie laying there! A 1925 no less! happydance02 I suppose it could have been part of the modern spill. I'll take it regardless. lol Then I found the axe head under the rock in the pic. First one I ever found too. It looks fairly old to me.

I was finding plenty of pull tabs and bottlecaps as usual. Then I hit a nice nickel signal. I thought it was a regular Jeff until I rubbed it and saw the big P on the back. Cool a silver War nickel. Mission accomplished! I romped around in the woods for a bit longer but found nothing great. The bus token was my last decent find of the hunt.

Thanks for looking and as usual happy hunting! :groovy:

PS. I forgot to add the other cool find of the hunt...a 3 ringed bullet. This is my first one. I wasn't too far away from the axe head. Pic is at the bottom.

RobW
10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
That ax head does look pretty old, and you don't come across too many of them war nickles...nice finds :clapping:

aloldstuff
10-15-2012, 02:47 PM
WTG on the war nickel, its been quite a while since one got under my coil. That ax head looks old to.

dalewestaby
10-15-2012, 03:06 PM
what a war nickel! I have two in all my days of hunting

DirtyMoney
10-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Wow! A war nickel, a wheatie, a token, and a three ringer that was actually fired, not just dropped! :omg: what an awesome outing. :wow: :perfect10:

:congrats: & HH

leslie(nova scotia)
10-22-2012, 09:09 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice axr head and a wartime nickel a bonus! <;)

CODY
10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Nice finds. :congrats:

Mudder
10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Wonderful finds! :wow: