PDA

View Full Version : 74th COPPER OF THE YEAR* KGI & 2 IH'S

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-15-2012, 10:03 PM
sat got out with PI JOE & BOXING 123 for a water hunt. $1.31 :hysterical: in clad them guys didnt do any better either.oh well we tried.
Sunday went on a solo hunt to a cellar hole.I hit this place pretty hard in the past & it shows.one musketball and a letter M printing key or block.
Monday got out with Gary to 2 different cellar holes.1st site gave up a 1865 IH & the King George I. 2nd site coughed up a neat victorian sash buckle and a 1904 IH.
the large disc in group picture I think is or was a counterfiet attempt.it's basically the same size & thickness as a silver dollar made from some type of white metal.i'm guessing it was an attempt at faking a 8 reale :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-15-2012, 10:14 PM
more pics. i think the large disc with a planchet flaw was an attempt at a counterfiet coin.seems to be made of some white metal and almost the same thickness as a silver dollar or a 8 reale

del
10-16-2012, 02:24 AM
hey congrats on #74 for the year :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: , i see old habits are hard to break with you Dave .....

[size=24pt]nice oxknob :grin:

aloldstuff
10-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Dave, nice going on getting #74. As I was looking at the pictures I also noticed the oxknob.

:congrats: On the copper and the IH, that sash buckle looks good to.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Dave, nice going on getting #74. As I was looking at the pictures I also noticed the oxknob.

:congrats: On the copper and the IH, that sash buckle looks good to.

thanks! yep them darn pesky oxknobs.they sound just like a Large Cent signal >:{

aloldstuff
10-16-2012, 08:52 AM
thanks! yep them darn pesky oxknobs.they sound just like a Large Cent signal >:{

I know, I've dug my share of them, of course not like you just because of where you hunt.

RobW
10-16-2012, 12:37 PM
74.......... :shocked03:....freakin' unbelieveable......and the year ain't up yet... ;)