PDA

View Full Version : Some finds this week

ChrisinCT
10-16-2012, 03:43 PM
I hooked up with fellow member Lee to do a little detecting. He took me to a 1700's farm house where we hit a small field along the side.

While no coins were found I did find some old buttons which are always a treat.

One of the flat buttons staped on the back has the federal eagle with the shield on its chest and below is stamped BEST GOLD COLOUR if that means anything to anyone please let me know.

Lee had an appt to attend so after leaving there I hit a nearby park which is very old but hunted to death, what I didn't know was apparently the field is used for High school graduation ceremonies.

Found a few bucks in clad and four of the tassel things what ever they are called.
One would think with all the years of graduation ceremonies being held there that there has to be some lost jewelry.

Ill be heading back when I have more time to dig through all the trash signals looking for my

del
10-16-2012, 04:03 PM
hey Chris glad you got out with Lee ( he's a real pistol that one ;) lol lol ) congrats on the buttons , would love to see a clear shot of the eagle backmark .

Dan

aloldstuff
10-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Chris, glad that you got out with Lee. I'm waiting for the clearer picture of the eagle backmark so that Del can hopefully give you an ID (which I am sure he can)

ChrisinCT
10-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Sorry guys I can't get a clear picture with the camera on the IPad.

Besides I had to use an eye loupe to make it out so I'm not sure any camera would post up a good picture ,but I will try.

lee
10-16-2012, 07:56 PM
check ya messages matey , i sent you the button site thingie....anyway here it is here.........oh and chris.........1887 indian...ha ha ha ha

http://relicman.com/buttons/zBackmarkaaa.htm

ChrisinCT
10-16-2012, 09:41 PM
.....oh and chris.........1887 indian...ha ha ha ha

Go butcher a carp. Limey bas*tar*.

CODY
10-17-2012, 12:10 PM
:congrats: on some nice finds

lee
10-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Go butcher a carp. Limey bas*tar*.

ha ha ha ha ha im laughing like some sort of nut job......love ya man.