PDA

View Full Version : Gold ring #3 for the week

Thiltzy
10-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Im finally on a gold hot streak. After going through the summer with very little gold finds, I have been lucky enough to find three gold rings in the water this week.

It seemed that hurricane Irene brought alot of extra sand to the shallow waters on the Connecticut beach's and finally the deeper gold is starting to show itself.

Low tide was a slight positive one this morning but I was lucky enough to find more gold at the bottom of my scoop again. Todays ring seems to be a mans pinky ring that is a little banged up and is missing it's center gem stone. Only a 10k three gram ring but, It's still a nice keeper considering that gold is around $1730.00 an ounce.

Happy water hunting...

Fire Fighter 43
10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Very nice ring, congrats on your recent GOLD streak, WTG |:cheering:

Ill Digger
10-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Only a 10k three gram ring but,...
But? ::huh::
But nothin'!! :happydance01: That's a sweet find! thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

... and is missing it's center gem stone.
:confused: I was wondering if it was chipped? :dontknow: Or a piece was missing from the center of the stone :thinkingabout:
Thanks for clarifying that for me |:confused:) lol
I wonder what was in there? :drool: :daydream:

BHNugget
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
WTG Thiltzy! Gold is gold and it sure is nice to see it in the bottom of your scoop! (especially considering how many pull tabs I see in the bottom of my scoop) lol

SeabeeRon
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
OK, from now on I am checking your name for new posts before I do anything else on here!! :drool: :loveit: You are making the best finds!! We are having a small storm out here today, but I don't think it is enough to move any sand around. >:\

Thiltzy
10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
OK, from now on I am checking your name for new posts before I do anything else on here!! :drool: :loveit: You are making the best finds!! We are having a small storm out here today, but I don't think it is enough to move any sand around. >:\

Thanks for the kind words Ron.
Yes, I have been lucky enough to score three gold rings this past week but I can tell you, I went through most of the summer with very little gold to show for my efforts.
I think alot of that had to do with the very deep sands that were brought in from hurricane Irene. Even though I wasn't getting the gold, I was still gaining knowledge about the lay of the ocean bottom so the more familiar I became with it, the easier it's become knowing when there are shifting of sands and changes at the bottom. :interesting: This was some great advice I was given from my hunting partner John. He also lent me one of his water hunting books... I learned alot from the read.
I try not to waist anytime hunting the areas with deep sands, we all know that gold sinks fast and deep so I try to find the areas that are hard packed sand, clay packed or rocky bottoms. Yes... we can all get lucky and find a fresh drop in deep sand but looking for the cuts and finding the harder bottoms greatly increases your chances.
Any storm can dramatically stir things up so good luck to ya and happy water hunts.

Thiltzy
10-22-2012, 05:48 PM
:confused: I was wondering if it was chipped? :dontknow: Or a piece was missing from the center of the stone :thinkingabout:
Thanks for clarifying that for me |:confused:) lol
I wonder what was in there? :drool: :daydream:

It seems like there was the letter I or J in the center. I can make out an imprint in the stone that resembles one of those two letters.

aloldstuff
10-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Nothing beats a gold streak. Congrats on having one. :perfect10:

PI JOE
11-01-2012, 09:40 PM
It seemed that hurricane Irene brought alot of extra sand to the shallow waters on the Connecticut beach's and finally the deeper gold is starting to show itself.

You hit the nail right on the head! :yes: Be ready for the Sandy aftermath! ;) Good stuff bro....

buck57
11-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Congrats there Thiltzy :beerbuddy: Gold is gold man, don't matter what karrot it is. :yes: Good luck with the Sandy finds. thumbsup01 Keep us posted..

PL8MAN
11-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Very nice !

Relic Whisperer
11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
You and that shark are on quite a roll! Congrats!

roamingusa
11-13-2012, 02:59 PM
:congrats: WTG man