PDA

View Full Version : 2 HUNTS* COOLEST TINIEST SILVER SPOON I EVER SEEN! TOKENS ETC

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Saturday got out with Gary to a few cellar holes.It was his day as he found quite a bit of colonial goodies.
my take was a few buttons one being an elephant sportsmans button & a nice iron horse stir-up .
Sunday I went solo to a site I located .the cellar hole got bulldozed i think but all the myrtle & pacasandra is there so that's where i focused.a button,2 tokens.pontiac & a madame hendron doll token,both 1920's i believe.Then i got the tiniest silver spoon i ever seen in my life.no hallmark but it's silver.looks fairly old.I think it's an owl? or a cat? :confused: never dug a bird band before so tiny! and the tiniest bell i ever dug.it was a tiny day i guess :hysterical:
the sterling earing i found on the bank near road and saw this river mill sluiceway gate and snapped a pic.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
more pics

milco
10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Some super cool finds there Dave and great pics, thanks! The small owl spoon is just awesome! I have found bird bands before, and if you send in the details with the numbers the people who do the banding will usually respond with info on what kind of bird it was and when/where it was banded. Very nice!

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Some super cool finds there Dave and great pics, thanks! The small owl spoon is just awesome! I have found bird bands before, and if you send in the details with the numbers the people who do the banding will usually respond with info on what kind of bird it was and when/where it was banded. Very nice!

thanks man! is there a site i can send this bird band info? can you post the link?

Thiltzy
10-21-2012, 07:26 PM
:wow: Those are some super cool finds. Very unique items you got :loveit:

OxShoeDrew
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM
A humming bird band lol Remember that band the Byrds? Interesting finds Dave |:cheering:

chief5709
10-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Dave, awesome finds! and great pixs

aloldstuff
10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
That is one small spoon, :congrats: Nice photos as usual.

SeabeeRon
10-22-2012, 09:59 AM
Great relics Dave!! :congrats:

del
10-22-2012, 02:57 PM
cool spoon |:cheering: |:cheering: i like the picture of the spillway gate thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
10-22-2012, 09:23 PM
:wow: Very nice finds, the spoon is a cool find, WTG |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
10-23-2012, 05:50 AM
That little silver spoon is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen! Wow, it really gets the imagination working, wondering how old it is and did people feed their baby with it and what was their life like?

I always love your photos, Dave! I agree, the pictures of the sluiceway gate are super cool!

:congrats:

Mudder
10-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Wonderful finds and I really like the tokens. You certainly have a beautiful spot to hunt in, and I really enjoyed looking at the pictures. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

fyrffytr1
10-24-2012, 09:48 PM
All the finds are cool including the Pontiac token. I think you have a salt serving spoon. They were used when salt was an expensive condiment. They didn't have shakers and the salt was coarser than what we know today. Do a search on salt spoons and you will see what I am talking about.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-25-2012, 08:52 AM
All the finds are cool including the Pontiac token. I think you have a salt serving spoon. They were used when salt was an expensive condiment. They didn't have shakers and the salt was coarser than what we know today. Do a search on salt spoons and you will see what I am talking about.
i agree it's a salt spoon.may be a one of a kind handmade one too

coop
10-27-2012, 07:20 AM
That spoon is to cool!!! Congrats thumbsup01