PDA

View Full Version : Mercs, Rosies, a Barber and Buffalo

jkress
10-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Ron and I went out hunting Friday morning. Our plan was to search two church grounds.

First spot was chosen for the potential oldies that run deep. We knew going in that these targets might be
few and far between. Last year I got my coil over a 9-10 two cent piece. We figured one good deep keeper
would make our day. None showed up. crying01 But, we did pick up two silver dimes a piece. :clapping:

Me a Barber and Merc, Ron a Merc and a Rosie. We moved on...

To a different (sleeper) church that has produced 14 silver coins in two outings for Ron. I grabbed 4 dimes and a Buffalo
from here, he dug up a nice War Nickel. :happydance01: A great morning for both of us.

My pocket of keepers...
http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-62.jpg

Ill Digger
10-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Sweet huntin' Joe!! :clapping:
Man! :shocked04: You got more silvers than wheats! 8/ :envious:
It sounds like you guys had a great day! :yes:
Congrats! :grin:
And weather wise you couldn't have asked for a much better day to swing. :daydream:

dave in iowa
10-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Great Hunt Joe , some nice keepers |:cheering:

aloldstuff
10-22-2012, 04:58 AM
Joe, nice hunting |:cheering: You had to good sites to go to and they both paid off.

Tony Two-Cent
10-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Another terrific bunch of finds and another beautiful photo, Joe! :clapping:

I passed a couple of old churches yesterday that made my detecting arm twitch. I might have to work on a sales pitch for asking permission, it seems that old churches could have great potential.

Congrats on your great finds! :perfect10:

POKIE73
10-22-2012, 06:00 AM
its been over 20 years since i hun ted our church down the block did well there have not been to another church since looks like that might have to change after looking at the finds you guys have made congrats on all your keepers :perfect10: :perfect10:

CODY
10-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Great hunt with awesome finds. :congrats:

Mudder
10-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Way to go Joe! Wonderful finds :perfect10:

milco
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Great finds Joe! You and Ron really get on some great sites, WTG!

jkress
10-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Thank you all. :)

It sounds like you guys had a great day! :yes:
Congrats! :grin:
And weather wise you couldn't have asked for a much better day to swing. :daydream:

It was a great day to be out. We're finally back into jeans and sweatshirt weather. :smitten:
As a bonus... the recent rains replenished the ground moisture. :clapping: Just like butter.

Great Hunt Joe , some nice keepers |:cheering:

We got a few... thanks.

Joe, nice hunting |:cheering: You had to good sites to go to and they both paid off.

They were productive. :yes: Whenever we head out of town, we always plan our route to hit at least two different sites.

I passed a couple of old churches yesterday that made my detecting arm twitch. I might have to work on a sales pitch for asking permission, it seems that old churches could have great potential.

They are inviting looking. :drool: Around here most of the churches have earlier est. dates than our parks. :yes:
However, just like our parks... all of the church grounds have been targeted by detectorists for quite sometime now.

I hunt a church ground just like I do in parks... looking for needles.

its been over 20 years since i hun ted our church down the block did well there have not been to another church since looks like that might have to change after looking at the finds you guys have made congrats on all your keepers :perfect10: :perfect10:

Definitely check it out Dennis. Churches, like parks are prime hunting grounds. There is always something left in the ground to find. thumbsup01

Great hunt with awesome finds. :congrats:

We were looking for pre 1880's stuff, but the keepers we recovered made for a very nice day.

Way to go Joe! Wonderful finds :perfect10:

Thanks Mudder. :)

Great finds Joe! You and Ron really get on some great sites, WTG!

We do come across them from time to time. It really helps to have two guys searching for the
next potential site. It doubles the opportunities. :yes:

BHNugget
10-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Great hunt Joe! Love those silvers thumbsup01

giant056
10-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Great bunch of silvers you got there thumbsup01