PDA

View Full Version : Digging to China

canman678
10-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Decided to go out today and clear out an area in the yard to make a test garden. Found a rusty a fence staple to start.
Then hit a piece of deep iron. Took a while, but finally found an old rusty nail a ways down. Next to this hole got another
hit from deep iron. Started digging and digging and digging and digging and still couldn't get it out of the hole!!
Went over it several times with the E and each time it was pinpointing over the hole. I dug down about 18 and couldn't
find it. So I just called it and filled the hole. Any one else out there have problems with iron signals that never come out of the hole?

POKIE73
10-24-2012, 06:14 AM
cant tell you for sure but it could have been in the side of the hole or sometimes when you get that deep it means that the target is something large i myself have gave up on a few but remmember this i gave up on a good signal early this could not find the target my freinds 12 year old son kept looking wanna know what he found 1877 seated dime so you just never know sometimes dennis

nicklehead
10-24-2012, 10:25 PM
I'd do the noise cancel thing for sure just in case you happen to have found one of those cosmic energy nodes Tesla used to talk about :grin: and then I would get a good pinpointer and check the sides of the hole.

RobW
10-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Iron always tends to be in the sides of the holes and not where it pin points :dontknow:

bob_e99
01-27-2013, 03:37 PM
I have hit my share of those and often times wanted to bring in a back hoe 8/

I started to walk away from the only seated liberty dime I have ever found when I couldn't pinpoint it on the first try. Fortunately, something made me go back and re-dig the hole and out popped the dime. It was the only silver that I ever pulled out of that site. Now I hesitate to walk away from any target although some have been just impossible to find and I have to cry uncle when the hole starts getting big enough for me to climb into it.