PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

afluke
10-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone. I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma and have been at it for about a year and a half. I am a coin shooter with a love for silver ( I would like gold too but just can’t find any!). I also like to hit ghost towns to find relics. I have been told this is a straight shooting, no nonsense forum of serious detectorists and I promise to try to fit in. I look forward to living vicariously through your great finds and to show you what I dig up if I am so lucky to find something worth posting. Happy digging!!

SeabeeRon
10-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Welcome from a California Beach Digger! :cool:

OxShoeDrew
10-26-2012, 02:39 PM
You'll find plenty worth posting. :yes: Have you already found anything that you like?....post it |:cheering: ....and welcome!

afluke
10-26-2012, 03:01 PM
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/aflukehg3044/IMG_1573.jpg

I found a Steele and Johnson Waterbury CT general service button yesterday and the goodies below on Tuesday at a ghost town.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/aflukehg3044/IMG_1570_2.jpg

aloldstuff
10-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Welcome from western MA. Sounds like you are feet first into this metal detecting thing. I also am a coinshooter but sometimes a nice relic gets under my coil. Looking forward to your future finds.

Lowjiber
10-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Nice relics.

Welcome to the forum from southern Nevada. We're glad you're here. :yes:

CODY
10-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Wecome from Mississippi. Welcome to AD. Looking forward to your post and finds. HH

del
10-27-2012, 08:30 AM
hello Afluke , welcome to the forum. nice general service great seal army button |:cheering: and look at all the goodies , a sweet barber :smitten: , a pump organ note reed , part of a cap gun , a heart motif saddle blanket buckle . keep it up and i can see you getting something posted on the banner very soon Afluke :yes: . glad you joined us .

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
10-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I'm looking forward to your input and see some of your finds. GL and HH

dpdave38
10-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Welcome aboard buddy, sure glad you listened to that friend and decided to join.(lol)

Dave

Tony Two-Cent
10-29-2012, 06:51 PM
It wasn't afluke that you found our forum! lol

No nonsense? Uh oh, somebody forgot to tell me! :teasing:

Seriously, glad to have you here! It looks like you have been finding some neat stuff. I'm glad del pointed out the Barber, I almost didn't see it.

Best of luck with your detecting, keep us posted on your finds! :yes:

afluke
10-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys, I think I will like this place. Dpdave38 will have to bear all responsibilty for my being here so blame him and not me. Thanks del for help with the identification of my ghost town finds. Tony Two-Cent knows that serious and funny can go together. I gotta love his name as it reminds me of my best find ever. I will take the liberty to post a picture but promise not to post anything else I found before I found this forum. Cheers to all!
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/aflukehg3044/IMG_1552.jpg

Tony Two-Cent
10-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Wow, awesome two-cent piece! :loveit:

And a less common date too! :yes:

What type of site did you find that in? A park or some other kind of site?

afluke
10-30-2012, 07:55 PM
It was at an old river crossing in Mayes County in Northeastern Oklahoma :grin:

jkress
10-31-2012, 12:26 AM
Welcome to our corner of the internet afluke. :clapping: It is really nice you joined the group. thumbsup01

You are right, there are many very talented treasure hunters here. :yes: Lots of great folks willing to share, answer
questions and identify the unknowns... especially the guy named del.

I am a coin shooter with a love for silver ( I would like gold too but just can’t find any!).

You summed up my profile exactly. :clapping: Here's hoping we both find some gold soon. :beerbuddy:

Ill Digger
10-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Hey afluke :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:
I can't wait to see some of your new treasures! :->

I have been told this is a straight shooting, no nonsense forum of serious detectorists and I promise to try to fit in.
Yeah there's a little nonsense from time to time! :happy: lol
We have a good time here and I'm sure you'll fit in nicely! Good to have ya! :beerbuddy:

aussie okie
11-01-2012, 11:57 AM
G'day Afluke :)

afluke
11-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Hey Mate! :beerbuddy: