PDA

View Full Version : Someone Beat up poor KGII because he had ugly buttons

sniffy
04-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Slipped in to a little colonial spot today after work...yes...work on saturday! ahh...anyways, the last time I was here I dug a big handful of colonial dandy buttons...( I threw in the designed dandy I found the other day into this pile of buttons). I just knew there would be some coppers here. After I found a few buttons I got a scattered signal, I dug and found a large button....stood back up checked my hole...penny/dime signal on the DFX....what could it be? A little crusty green disc! At first the KGII Bust was clear as can be through the crust....but after cleaning I ruined it....I think its a counterfeit. It's a flakier material. You can still make out the bust and GIUS, I'm pretty sure It's a Half Penny counterfeit. Anyways, I had fun. Thanks for checking these ugly finds out.

sniffy
04-03-2010, 05:40 PM
my ugly dandy buttons pic is not working...NOT AGAIN!

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
nice finds Jess! glad ya snuck out.i got 4 silver dimes today.some IH's barbers and a seated.one big copper coin. can't even clean the stuff and post it yet cuz landlord is coming and have to go put a carpet in one of the apts.
how many coppers now? :eyebrow:
happy easter man thumbsup01

coinnut
04-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Hey Jesse, nice hunt and for now we can all imagine we are looking at youe Dandy buttons lol It's gotta be something on your end that is not working :confused: The easiest way to see if that coin is counterfeit, is to run it under the coil and get a numbers reading. Then run a regal one under the coil and compare numbers. The counterfeit should be WAY under the regal one. If it's close, then it's real. It will read a bit lower since a good part of the total weight is gone.

sniffy
04-03-2010, 09:10 PM
buttons

sniffy
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Maybe it's my editing?..who knows. Anyways, thats a good way to check for counterfeits! I'll have to try that!

John M
04-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Well work does come first during these tough times.But you did end the day on a good note.Beat up or not the copper still is a good find.

xzlr8n
04-04-2010, 12:46 PM
At least you had some fun after work thumbsup01. Nice way to cap off the day, and congrats on the buttons!!

del
04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
a good day in my book Jesse , congrats on the that hunt and congrats on the whites story of the shoe buckle find my friend.

sniffy
04-04-2010, 07:38 PM
a good day in my book Jesse , congrats on the that hunt and congrats on the whites story of the shoe buckle find my friend.
HEY you seen that! I thought that was so cool they published my story. Plus an easy 100 bucks for something I love doing! HOW CONVENIENT is that? I seen your nova on there as well....