PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a gold ring and a pull tab using polar plot!! V3i

rsarge1
10-28-2012, 11:36 AM
I've had a lot of down time from hunting lately so I've been exploring the v3i inside and out LOL.
I think I've found a way to tell the difference between a gold ring and a pull tab using the polar plot screen to analize with on the v3i. see attached screen shots of the polar plot, one pic is for the gold ring the second is for the pull tab notice the difference between the lines when it is a ring the lines are tight almost lined up but when it is a pull tab see how the lines are seperated far apart, I've tried this with 2 different rings with the same results, if I'm correct this will stop a lot of digging pull tabs LOL. :clapping: :clapping: the only problem is it does not work for can slaw or foil only pull tabs.
sarge ::usaflag::

aloldstuff
10-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for this analysis, now maybe I can find some more gold. I've only dug 4 gold rings and only on one of them I was using polar plot. Nice to know there can be a difference.

CyberSage
10-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Sarge,
This is definitely worth a blind test to verify. I would take 5 or six different size gold rings, and 5 or six different style pull tabs and have someone put them all under a blanket, and mark the locations. Hit all 10 or 12 locations and see how accurate it is. Put the rings and pull tabs in individual plastic baggies so you don't accidentally loose them in the process. This does not account for Mineralization strength of the ground, but it would reflect targets still in the thatch of the grass, an inch or so deeper. Anyone else wanting to share there results would be a good comparison as well.

Jack

Mort
02-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I've had a lot of down time from hunting lately so I've been exploring the v3i inside and out LOL.
I think I've found a way to tell the difference between a gold ring and a pull tab using the polar plot screen to analize with on the v3i. see attached screen shots of the polar plot, one pic is for the gold ring the second is for the pull tab notice the difference between the lines when it is a ring the lines are tight almost lined up but when it is a pull tab see how the lines are seperated far apart, I've tried this with 2 different rings with the same results, if I'm correct this will stop a lot of digging pull tabs LOL. :clapping: :clapping: the only problem is it does not work for can slaw or foil only pull tabs.
sarge ::usaflag::

:shocked04:verreaction:
I'm not sure that is correct bro....
Yesterday I got a pull tab vid about 26 and I pin pointed and it was blue on top so I dug it
and up comes this.....I wish it were that easy bro but your right polar plot makes it easier
:detecting:

rsarge1
02-22-2013, 12:10 PM
yes your blue one should be dominate with gold , notice on the second pic the blue line for the polar plot was the dominate one, this was a air test I ran and when you factor in all the other things like ground and emi it could change things, while out hunting I have not been able to prove that this would work, it only worked with the air test so far. I wish it would be that easy too LOL.

Mort
02-22-2013, 12:57 PM
>:tongue:

What I mean is when you pin pointing the target and the dominate color on top is red you can forget digging it..... :perfect10:

Jason in Enid
02-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Interesting idea, but this needs a lot more testing to make it's true more than 50% random chance. See if you can get with some other ring hunters (or maybe a few women with lots of jewelry) and then you need a lot of different pulltabs. There are many styles, sizes, with/without tails, etc. If air tests show it's true across many rings and pulltabs, then you may be heading towards the ultimate goal in metal detectors!

So go man, go! Test!

Six2woody
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Going to have to give this a try.... Thanks for the tip :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout:

Mort
03-04-2013, 09:27 AM
:peace: Dude I do it all the time :hammer: Yesterday after two parks and over 100 coins :detecting: I checked many pulltabs :shocked03:also as I always do.....I checked and dug some 20 of them... just to make sure day When they come up red........ :shocked04:verreaction: when they come up blue.....not always rings but one has to be sure :happy: :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked01: :omg: I hate pull tabs...but it lets me know that there were people around....Also I hardly ever dig the zincs....I must pass over hundreds every day.........I leave those for the beginners they seem to love em :tongue: :dontknow: Soon this subject well be a dead> >:tongue: lol :thinkingabout: Mort

And don't leave a mess!!!

johnedoe
07-21-2013, 01:45 PM
thumbsup01 you just keep passin up those zincs and pull tabs...... The beginners will find the rings you left behind. :happy:

Happy hunting. :detecting: