PDA

View Full Version : vacation gold and silver

randy
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Family trip to the beach, and managed to get some swing time in. This was my first beach hunt with the V3 with a presumed good D2 coil, and I was happy with the performance for a land machine.

Managed to pull an 14K opal ring with 18 side stones (wife says the opal is real, not sure about the diamonds), and a 925 ring, that, quite frankly, looks a little cheesy, so I doubt the stone is real, whatever it is. The gold ring looks alot better in person. It is actually quite a nice looking piece.

I know you never show your finds to strangers while hunting, but I thought showing them to my wife was safe. Turns out the gold ring fits her, and she wants to keep it. So much for a down payment on that 6x10 coil :angelic:

Epi-hunter
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Wow, that gold ring is gorgeous! :shocked04: I don't blame your wife for claiming it -- I would too. And it looks even better in person? It looks fantastic in the photo. I like the other one too, actually :) Congratulations! That V3 really pulls the gold!

del
04-03-2010, 06:56 PM
very sweet ring Randy , a real looker . congrats buddy thumbsup01

i hope the wife lets ya visit with it every now and then lol lol

angellionel
04-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Wow! Great looking ring! I like the silver one too actually. :yes:

coinnut
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Nice rings. I like both of them lol I bet them Diamonds are real. Usually they don't put CZ's in a gold setting. They are small enough to be real. I hope they are. That opal is gorgeous. Your wife probably figures you don't need another coil, after all look what you found with that coil lol Why get you another :rolleyes: lol

John M
04-04-2010, 06:21 AM
Big mistake Randy.Big-Huge.Never show the nice jewelry finds to your wife or daughter because they will claim them.Oh well I guess you live and learn.
But on a positive note you made some nice finds and made the wife happy with her new ring.

SeabeeRon
04-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Beautiful rings Randy!! My wife was looking over my shouolder as I was looking at this thread and said what nice rings those are and all I bring home are those junker Peace Rings I just posted! >:\
Congratz buddy!! :yes: