PDA

View Full Version : 75th COPPER*KGII*COUNTERFEIT SEATED QTR & another 1820 GEN.LAFAYETTE BUTTON

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Got out with sniffy back to 2 old sites that I been to in the past.there's so much area between these 2 adjoining cellar holes you can spend years trying to cover all the ground in the stone walled fields adjacent to each cellar hole.
anyways we both had a good day! sniffy got a copper and a 18kt gold wedding band.
I got a 1744 King George II copper,a counterfeit pewter seated liberty quarter & another 1820 General Lafayette button.this is my 4th!
a crotal bell and a dog sportsman button.
75 coppers on the year

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-28-2012, 07:59 PM
more pics

milco
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
A bunch of great finds there, WTG! I am always amazed at the counterfeit and lead seated coins that are out there and that are dug, although not that often, it is telling of how many must have circulated back in the day.

chief5709
10-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Awesome finds Dave! Congrats |:cheering:

Merc
10-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Another nice hunt Dave great job!!! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Some more nice hunting. 9 weeks left to get to last years total in coppers.

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Some more nice hunting. 9 weeks left to get to last years total in coppers.

thanks! nothing like putting some pressure on me \:hammer: lol

aloldstuff
10-29-2012, 01:57 PM
thanks! nothing like putting some pressure on me \:hammer: lol

No pressure....We all have the utmost confidence in your ability to accomplish this goal. thumbsup01

del
10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
hey what are you starting to mass-produce them Lafayette buttons now lol lol jeez save a few for us that don't have any yet there pal :beatdown: :beatdown: lol lol very nice find :clapping: :clapping:
keep adding to that copper total mister. :cheering: :cheering:

the woods are starting look great out , i gotta get out in them soon . hey i'll have sunday the 4th off maybe you , Jess or Gary , me could meet Brian for some cellar action . let me know .

HEAVYMETALNUT
10-31-2012, 12:38 AM
hey what are you starting to mass-produce them Lafayette buttons now lol lol jeez save a few for us that don't have any yet there pal :beatdown: :beatdown: lol lol very nice find :clapping: :clapping:
keep adding to that copper total mister. :cheering: :cheering:

the woods are starting look great out , i gotta get out in them soon . hey i'll have sunday the 4th off maybe you , Jess or Gary , me could meet Brian for some cellar action . let me know .

thanks Dan.any added benefit to this button being offstruck? sounds good on the 4th.call me to remind me!
any thoughts on the countefeit seated? ya ever see one?

RobW
10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Countertfiet quarter...very cool

del
10-31-2012, 07:37 PM
thanks Dan.any added benefit to this button being offstruck? sounds good on the 4th.call me to remind me!
any thoughts on the countefeit seated? ya ever see one?

Dave , i'm not sure if the button is more valuable being off a bit :dontknow: . the seated coins are the most counterfieted types of coins , i think even more than the reales .