PDA

View Full Version : 3 Hr Sidewalk Tearout Hunt

milco
10-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Found a sidewalk tearout that I did not know about the other day. Spent two hours there on Sat and made some nice finds. An 1862IH, my first fattie, a 1901IH and rusted jack in the same hole, six wheat pennies, a 1916 Buffalo, plus lots of other coins and trash. The funny thing was in talking to the neighbors they said There was a guy here yesterday all day doing that. Makes ya wonder, did he cherry pick the silver or just miss everything? I have a feeling it was the latter based on the amount of stuff I dug.

Ill Digger
10-28-2012, 10:49 PM
::huh:: It sounds like you got some competition out there Darren :rolleyes:
At least he saved you some really nice stuff! :yes: lol
Congrats! :grin:
Where's the fatty? :->

CODY
10-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Nice finds. :congrats:

aloldstuff
10-29-2012, 04:41 AM
What, somebody else jumped your claim....at least he left you some goodies. :congrats:

milco
10-29-2012, 07:44 AM
::huh:: It sounds like you got some competition out there Darren :rolleyes:
At least he saved you some really nice stuff! :yes: lol
Congrats! :grin:
Where's the fatty? :->

Thanks Tim! All the past two years I keep hearing about these other old guys that hit the sidewalk projects during the weekdays, I have never seen them. Due to work I am confined to early morning, evenings and weekends. That's OK they seem to leave plenty of stuff behind. The fatty is an 1862, it is hard to make out the date, it is the 2nd picture down.

AmxFred
10-29-2012, 10:16 AM
If there is someone else out there I would take those seconds anytime. :congrats:

POKIE73
10-29-2012, 12:35 PM
looks like somebody may have a sore back today from all the digging congrtas on your finds :peace:

Tony Two-Cent
10-29-2012, 07:26 PM
That's a lot of digging, Darren! I'm glad you manages to find some great coins! Congrats on the fatty, I've yet to find one.

:congrats: