PDA

View Full Version : It never ends

pulltabsteve
10-30-2012, 03:50 PM
I took a drive in to work this morning to check out the damage on the course. As soon as I pulled in to the lot, a tree was down at the clubhouse. We lost power at some point. No alarm, no phone, no electricity. The back French doors to the restaurant blew open and all hell came in. Took a drive around the course and there are almost 30 trees uprooted. I got all 5 chainsaws gassed, oiled and sharpened. The crew will have a busy week.

My roof lost a few shingles. I stopped off at home depot, bought a bundle of the only color they had left and repaired my roof for now.

Couldn't get hold of my folks so I drive out to see how they made out. They lost electric and a few roof shingles. They are coming by tonight to pick up the big
generator.

Mike also lost power and I lent him the 2200 watt generator.

del
10-30-2012, 06:33 PM
i'm glad your alright there Steve , i was a little nervous for you and Mike out on the island with such a huge storm and after seeing some of the damage photos.

pulltabsteve
10-30-2012, 07:36 PM
i'm glad your alright there Steve , i was a little nervous for you and Mike out on the island with such a huge storm and after seeing some of the damage photos.

:beerbuddy: Thanks for the concern Dan. I actually had a blast. I love a good storm. It got a little hairy for a bit. I stocked on some cooked shrimp and iced tea and made the best of it. From what I've seen driving.g around today, I made out ok.

SeabeeRon
10-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks for checking Steve, been thinking about all you guys back there.

sandals
11-05-2012, 12:20 AM
you had a spare generator?? and here I was without power since Monday until early this morning....and it was cold at night!!!....but we survived....

OxShoeDrew
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm glad you are alright, I hope you are cleaned up and back to normal by now.