PDA

View Full Version : skull and the surgeon

leslie(nova scotia)
10-30-2012, 05:36 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....the day was at hand. The day to visit the knee surgeon to see what it is that the fellow is going to do. Managed to get in a 45 minute dig at a local park in the rain which cleared my mind a tad.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/Digaday/002-22.jpg
The skull should have clued me in that this was not going to be a good visit to the hospital but this bouy was a thinking about Halloween.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/leslie19/Digaday/004-25.jpg
So after a 1435hrs appointment I got to see Dr. Gross(what a handle for a doctor) at 1610hrs....right on time. Was in number 2 of 8 waiting rooms....felt really special like a tuna on a factory ship being processed!

Anyway he told me that a scope was in order and that it would be about a years wait! That floored me and he added insult to injury as he said he could get me in quicker if I went from 250 pounds down to 200. Lord love a duck I thought to myself in horror. If I lost all that weight who would Green Peace have to tow off the beaches and out to sea. Would take me a year to lose 50 pounds. And too boot gave up Guinness and all other forms of liquid entertainment. Also my digging fund has been changed to The Special K golfs Nova Scotia Fund. <;)

aloldstuff
10-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Leslie, come on down to Massachusetts. I know that we must have a program in place that we can get this knee scoped tomorrow and probably for free. What would the time frame be if you got down to 150 lbs? Glad you got some hunting in before the doc visit.

BHNugget
10-31-2012, 11:04 PM
Glad you got out for a hunt before your appointment Leslie. I sure hope everything goes well with your knee situation

CODY
11-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Your post just kill me! You tooooo funny. I am sorry to hear about your knee. Hope all goes well. Like Al said, come on down here. Shoot, you can probably find a program where they will pay you to do it. Haha. But better hurry. WOW, 8 waiting rooms. Unbeliveable. Ive had both of mine scoped. One did well, the other not so well. But it was my fault. Got back on the bicycle too soon afterward. Good luck my friend. Before scope :crying02:, after scope :happy: