PDA

View Full Version : An overlooked feature of the CTX 3030

Fire Fighter 43
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
This is one great feature of the CTX 3030, updatable. Here is a link to the firmware updates for the CTX. I downloaded the updated Exchange 2 plugged the CTX in and it prompted me to a new firmware update. Less than 10 minutes it was complete.
The best new feature is the locking pinpoint trigger. Minelab hit the nail on the head with this feature. Oh, by the way it was FREE.
http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/knowledge-base/news?article=117012

Earl in NY
11-01-2012, 01:18 AM
I agree a great feature of the CTX 3030. This is the reason i purchased the machine. The ability to receive future updates. Minelab seems to be hearing the users ideas and bringing them to life via the updates. The machine is simply awesome. I've been detecting over 20 years and this machine is the best i've ever used.

Earl

CyberSage
11-01-2012, 03:05 PM
What a great feature. It is very nice to see that Minelab does not charge for firmware updates. This is the way it should be. After all, new firmware does not equal a new detector. :cool: Even better that it is a simple do-it-yourself procedure. You don't have to send it back to the factory. They even chose to call it by the same name The CTX 3030, Imagine that. lol

Fire Fighter 43
11-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Yes, it was a simple and quick update. Oh yeah, did I mention it was FREE. I remember when I updated my Vision to the V3i and it cost me with shipping some where in the area of $150 and I had to go without it for a couple of weeks. Nice job Minelab.

CTX Tom
11-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I agree,minelab had a good gameplan with the ctx....just by listening.