PDA

View Full Version : How to follow a 5 Copper Day?..............With a 3 Copper Day

SafariScott
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Well today ends my vaction detecting madness. Got out today in search of the hidden cellar hole I still cant find which is getting annoying. Decided to stop at the hole on the way to the hidden hole where I pulled a KG III last week. Worked near the spot where I hit the KG and got another nice signal on the Safari saying 37 at about 5 inches, dug and out popped a copper disc (#47.5 for the year) swung a few feet over and got a 34 signal at about 6 inches and sure enough another copper (48.5) swung a little more then decided to search for the other hole, crossed the bridge over the stream and on the path got a 36 signal down about 3 inches and out popped a 1895 IH. Kept looking for the site for about another hour and still no luck. Ill return another day. Decided to stop at my parents nearby and visit for a few clean the coins and plan my next spot. Decided to hit another hole that I didnt have any luck at before (only stayed about a half hour the first time) I had looked at the 1939 aerial photos and realized to the right of the house which is gone was a field that is now overgrown. I decided to work away from the hole a bit and got a nice 37 signal at about 4 inches and out popped a holed 1787 KG III. Worked around a little longer and had two other nice signals one a 38 and the other a 39 both deep around 7 inches. Thought for sure one was going to be copper number 50 but it was not to be they were both buckles. So now that my vacation detecting madness is over the totals for the week were 10 Coppers and 9 Silvers an IH and a bunch of buttons. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

BKM
11-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Nice week of hunting Scott!

I've got a place to find elusive #50 if you're available Monday....

Fire Fighter 43
11-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Congrats on another successful hunt, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
11-06-2012, 09:28 AM
What a way to end a great vacation. :congrats: on all those great keepers

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-06-2012, 02:43 PM
nice! this wasnt the site where we were at sunday was it? 8/

SafariScott
11-06-2012, 03:05 PM
nice! this wasnt the site where we were at sunday was it? 8/

Dave, these were a couple other sites away from that area...........don't worry you guys didn't miss these. Ill try to stay out of that area you guys were at until you get back this way. Plus with all the hunters down there and yesterday being a solo hunt I didn't want to wander into the woods and get shot.

milco
11-06-2012, 03:57 PM
That's awesome, congrats on three more coppers!

swamp yankee
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Dave, these were a couple other sites away from that area...........don't worry you guys didn't miss these. Ill try to stay out of that area you guys were at until you get back this way. Plus with all the hunters down there and yesterday being a solo hunt I didn't want to wander into the woods and get shot.
Going out during hunting season's always risky so to be careful/safer I'd suggest wearing hunter orange vest/hat ect. We don't want any of us getting popped by accident! NEVER show ANY WHITE at all please!.....

don in ny
03-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Just an FYI, your KGIII is a Machin's Mills piece.

Bell-Two
03-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Beautiful finds!

Timewarpdigger
03-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Awesome finds and congrats. Glad you had decent weather for your vaca. Safe & HH

coinnut
03-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Just an FYI, your KGIII is a Machin's Mills piece.

Of all the coppers to have the hole in it, it has to be the Machin Mills. :girlcry: Still nice having one. Wonder if that was tacked up above the door as the year the house was built? Great hunt!!

del
03-03-2014, 03:26 AM
Of all the coppers to have the hole in it, it has to be the Machin Mills. :girlcry: Still nice having one. Wonder if that was tacked up above the door as the year the house was built? Great hunt!!

could very well have been the nail hole looks to be with the date side out .

Digger Don
03-06-2014, 08:48 AM
Congrats on the coppers, Very Nice