PDA

View Full Version : too funny... I'm never going back....

Snowy
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Krom and I went detecting, started off this morning. It was a beautiful day.
We weren't having much luck at the first site we went to so just short of an hour there we headed to another site we wanted to try out.
We kept finding bullets and couldn't figure it out... we kept going. After a short time later we figured out it was someone's target practicing area.
So, we kept going.... for HOURS..... it ended up being a game between us to see who could find the most.
I pulled 364 bullet shells outa there today. He pulled 330. Shown below are just the shells I found.
They were all found with the detectors, some just under the grass, others an inch or a little more under.
I'm extremely sore and lame, and very tired. We didn't realize how much time we had spent there and when we finally checked the clock it was time to come home and zip up a quick ham dinner.

We've been laughing about this all evening. But I'm NEVER going back ~ I don't care HOW old that cellar hole is!

angellionel
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Wow! :shocked04:stretcher: I can see why you would not want to go back there again. That is a lot of digging, especially irksome when you already know what the target is likely to be. :bangahead01: You made the best of it though. :yes:

Snowy
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Yup. It was extremely irritating and when it struck us we looked at each other and started to laugh. That's about when we made it a game.
I kept telling Joe I had enough, let's leave, but he'd laugh at me and tell me he was gonna beat me so I kept going.
I still can't believe we spent so much time there. Wasted the whole darn day. I'm neva, eva, eva going back there. EVA! E-VA!!
I'm really hurting ... some serious aches and pains. But we had fun and it was worth a few laughs. I hear laughs are priceless. ;)

coinnut
04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
lol Too funny! But at least you prevailed and beat Joe lol I would think now that you removed all them shells, there has to be some coins there. Oh ya, you said neva eva eva going back. ;) Hope you heal up and I bet it was some good laughing going on. :)

Epi-hunter
04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
rofl rofl rofl rofl

OMG you two.... I can't believe you dug up all those shells rofl rofl rofl

Okay, like George said, now that you have removed the trash from the area, you should be able to find any goodies that are below :yes:

But you should neva, eva, EVA!!! do that again! lol

Seriously... it sounds like you two had a blast. That is more important than anything. :)

Ill Digger
04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
lol lol lol OMG rofl
Too funny...you guys crack me up rofl. crazy!!
So whats the goin' price for brass ? lol
At least you made the most of it with your favorite huntin' partner thumbsup01

upsmanpa
04-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Wow, I guess like you said it turned into a game after awhile. Like back in the day when punchbugs were every where on the road!

Snowy
04-05-2010, 04:12 AM
That was the idea... remove them so we could do some serious hunting there.
We might go back, but not in the near future.

It was such a bad day but we had fun with it. We tried to make a few funnies out of it.
Very sore this morning.

hoser
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
rofl Geeese Snowy I thought I was the only one digging up that much brass. Hey I don't know about Maine, but here spent brass casings are scrapping out at $1.10# so even if you are digging a lot it will still be worth something. ;) Wait till you come across a 50 cal. shell casing. It will blow the wax right out of your ears. :shocked04: rofl

Snowy
04-05-2010, 07:18 PM
rofl
Yeah, Hoser... we were going nuts. They were all in a general area. You'd get a hit and you'd get a few from the same hole, or right next to each other just under the grass, etc ... yup.. brass is going for over a buck a pound.