PDA

View Full Version : Wish i had my camera

RaZR
11-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Today i went up north to help my parents load up their truck as they are leaving for Florida for the winter. After we got the things that they needed help with done i headed for home. But not directly home. There is a conservation club that i pass everytime i take this route to or from my parents. (i take two different routes to see whats for sale on the side of the road both ways)
Anyhow, i stopped to check it out with my E-trac. The sign out front says established 1959 so i figured some rosies maybe a Washington or two.
I got $1.44 in clad and then finally hit a 1944 merc on the way back to my truck.

But the reason i wisk i had my camera was that i got a nickel type signal next to a root that was sticking out of the ground. So i got out my pinpointer and digger but before i got the pinpointer pointed to the spot i saw a beaver tail in the dirt. So i grabbed it and pulled. But it didn't budge. After digging away some dirt i could see that the root had grown through the ring of the pulltab and the beavertail was still connected. I'm not ashamed to say i left it that way too!

Here's a pick of the coins.....

aloldstuff
11-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Good going on gettng that merc. Do you think you could go back to the root and take the picture for us.... rofl. Isn't is funny what we see doing our hobby.

POKIE73
11-06-2012, 07:14 PM
congrats on your finds :peace: :peace: you never have the camera when you want it the most >:{ still all and all you had a good hunt dennis |:cheering: |:cheering:

CODY
11-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Nice finds, congrats!

giant056
11-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Nice score on the merc thumbsup01