PDA

View Full Version : Target sounds

Fire Fighter 43
11-08-2012, 03:59 PM
This is an interesting article on target sounds from Minelabs Tresure Talk..

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/target-signal-analysis-part-1

jkress
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Awesome link Jeff, very interesting!! :clapping:

I completely understand what the author is saying here. The way a potential target 'hits' and 'comes off of it' definitely
helps to squeak out keepers in needle in the haystack parks, churches and even yards. :yes:

Screeches, scratches, pops and hisses from a Minelab tell volumes of what is below the coil in less than perfect ground. :smitten:

Full Metal Digger
11-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Awesome link Jeff, very interesting!! :clapping:

I completely understand what the author is saying here. The way a potential target 'hits' and 'comes off of it' definitely
helps to squeak out keepers in needle in the haystack parks, churches and even yards. :yes:

Screeches, scratches, pops and hisses from a Minelab tell volumes of what is below the coil in less than perfect ground. :smitten:

It's so true what you say. I recently found a merc at 10 inches and the only sound was a popping noise each time the coil passed over. No squeak or any noise. I did notice that there was no nulling noise which is usually with an iron target. I think it may have been on edge since there was no iron associated with it.