PDA

View Full Version : E-Tracs on backorder everywhere?!?

Geekwinkle
04-04-2010, 10:39 PM
So, over the last few days since I decided I 'need' an E-Trac, I'm running into a recurring theme..... dealers don't have them, and aren't sure when they will get one. At least that's the case with my local dealer (he laughed before I could say E-Trac), Kellyco, and a couple of out of state dealers whom I've talked to or dealt with previously. Am I that late in getting on the bandwagon for this detector, or is demand that high, or what? I typically don't trust Ebay for a major purchase, and was literally hours too late to get a great deal on a used one at FMDF...... :bangahead01: so for now I'm working on becoming a Jedi master with the Emulator but I need to get out swinging!

Thanks for letting me vent, for now I'll keep on swinging my XLT and hope something pops up soon.....

Epi-hunter
04-04-2010, 11:02 PM
I have heard elsewhere that they are scarce right now.

Check here: http://www.sunraydetector.com/

He is 'the' SunRay person... this is where the probes are made. But he is also a Minelab dealer, and where I purchased my SE and my E-Trac and fantastic service. His name is Ralph, he is a great guy and very reliable. He will reply to you right away.

hoser
04-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Did you try this place yet? Its where I got mine and they are real good people to deal with. http://www.theminelabstore.com/

Geekwinkle
04-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Thanks all. I'll try both tomorrow. Fully intended to today, but my faithful F-150 made other plans for me by stranding me on the side of the road for several hours today. By the time I got it home (still don't know what is wrong with it.... getting fuel but no spark, it appears...) it was too late to call around. I've had a couple of dealers offer to put me on a waiting list, but surely one of those folks will have one. I'm 0 for 4, so I'm due to break out and find someone with an Etrac soon! :)

hoser
04-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Geekwinkle I had a followup call to the company I got mine from and I asked if they had any in stock and the answer was yes. They have about five, and they are running some kind of promotion right now. The ph. # is 800-662-0810 and ask for Brian Fox. Tell him Bill Blake sent ya. :yes: Goog luck.

Geekwinkle
04-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Called Ralph at Sun-Ray, he still had 2 left in stock (only 1 now, muahahahahahahahaaaaaa :twirlingeyes: ). Great advice and he's an outstanding person to talk to, must've spent a good 40 minutes on the phone with him this afternoon. Thanks, and thank you hoser, if Ralph had been out your guy was my next stop.

Now the wait begins for UPS to get here..... 8)

Epi-hunter
04-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Glad that Ralph was able to help you out thumbsup01 He and his wife are great people, and excellent detectorists as well. They both use E-Tracs and have done a great deal of water detecting over the years too. Their finds are incredible.... I spent a long time there just looking at all of them.

Good luck with the E-Trac! He will ship fast too, so you shouldn't have much of a wait. :)

hoser
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Thats way cool. An early congrats to you on your new machine. thumbsup01

coinnut
04-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Congrats on your new machine :smitten: It's like buying a sports car. You will be very careful with it until you start digging silver. Then silver fever will hit and your machine will be all mud. I think I even recall one picture where Angel's machine was all mud. Must have been a real good silver day lol I need to talk to Ralph andout a 6 coil soon, I think. I've heard good things about it. He was real good to deal with when I got my X-1 probe put on. Good luck with it and remember Take it SLOW. thumbsup01

Geekwinkle
04-08-2010, 10:24 PM
The probe and spare lower rod will be my next purchase, but the E Trac all by itself dented the checkbook enough for now. (That and I picked up Andy Sabisch's new book 'The Treasure Hunting Handbook' on Ralph's recommendation) With luck I'll find enough goodies to pay for it over the next few months! In talking with Ralph yesterday I specifically asked him if sweep speed with the E Trac should be slower than I swing my XLT, and he said not necessarily, and proceeded to list several instances where changing sweep speeds can help in determining a diggable signal.

I saw today UPS is hiring drivers for 74k/year.... I'll drive the truck that has my E Trac! :grin:

Dixie Rebel
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I called today about a Minelab se pro the newest one out. And I got a quote of $1098.00 with free shipping and some goodies. I coin hunt parks old foundations and woods. Do you all think that is a good deal. I forgot to ask about the stock coil would it be ok to hunt in high mineral soil. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Dixie Rebel
01-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Also found the e-trac for $1425.95 and the Whites V3i for $1399.95 minus the wireless headphones. Decisions decisions trying to make up my mind here.

randy
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Those of us who have an E-Trac are glad they are hard to find -- less competition lol But seriously, good luck with your new machine, I'm certain you will be happy with it.

Bell-Two
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I sent you a PM with a couple of sources, talk them and you can decide where to order.

Also found the e-trac for $1425.95 and the Whites V3i for $1399.95 minus the wireless headphones. Decisions decisions trying to make up my mind here.

1147SILVER
01-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Why hunt with second best The E-trac is the best machine by miles its like a corvette vs a moped ps This opinon is supported by the man with 1000 silver coins in one year Angel.