PDA

View Full Version : Need alot of help from you Veteran cellar dwellars

Thiltzy
11-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I went to visit my uncle in Maine today and he was telling me about some foundations he came across while hiking. He took me to one of them so I figured I'd pull out the MXT Pro and give it a whirl.

I was only their for about an hour and half and managed a few relics so this is where I need the help from you veterans. I have no clue on the buckle looking thing, the spoon has a cool wheat pattern but I haven't the slightest idea on how to ID it, the button has the shank and the front looks alot like the image of a woman kissing a child but never seen a button like it. Finally the crotal bell doesn't seem too old it has no petal pattern or any intials I could see. None of the relics seem that old so I'm thinking they date around mid 1800's to early 1900 :dontknow: But I am no expert

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance

del
11-11-2012, 12:34 AM
some very high value targets around that cellar , you should be finding coins too. yes most of the items look around mid to late 1800's to ma as well. i would like to see a better picture of the buckle thing though.

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-11-2012, 07:32 AM
some cool finds dude.that buckle thing is kinda interesting too but with what appears to be some sort of rivet on each end I don't know if that's gonna end up being a buckle? congrats on the crotal bell.love diggin those!

Thiltzy
11-11-2012, 09:14 AM
some very high value targets around that cellar , you should be finding coins too. yes most of the items look around mid to late 1800's to ma as well. i would like to see a better picture of the buckle thing though.

Here ya go del, it looks like the number 40 on the back probably mounted to someting else and the square nail was in the hole with it

del
11-12-2012, 01:00 AM
its very hard to tell if its cast white (potmetal) metal , bronze or even pewter ?? although it doesn't look to be flaking like pewter. very curious item Thiltzy. :dontknow:

HEAVYMETALNUT
11-12-2012, 09:50 AM
its very hard to tell if its cast white (potmetal) metal , bronze or even pewter ?? although it doesn't look to be flaking like pewter. very curious item Thiltzy. :dontknow:

see if a magnet sticks to it.possibly plated iron? :thinkingabout:

OxShoeDrew
11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
I love the crotal bell, you have a nice spot there :yes: