PDA

View Full Version : another first today

lee
11-11-2012, 07:04 PM
so today me and chris in ct hit a couple of places.
first off we had a go at a few celler holes without much luck , chris had a few relics and i had a big horse buckle thingie and what i think may be whats left of a silver pocket watch.
after an hour we had both had enough of digging bullet casing after bullet casing so chris sergested we hit and old retirement home he had hit before and had found a few wheats.
ten mins later we were climbing out the car at this stunning location ,old trees , rolling grass lawns and an old barn looking thing.
5 mins in an i get a signal that to be honest was all over the place pull tab,25 cent,penny , but i dug it anyway and 2 inches down out pops a coin with a sheild on one side and a great big 5 on the other !!!!! from what i can see its 1867 without rays, a first for me, so i shout out to chris ive got a good one and walk over to show him.
after a few obsenities and a pat on the back from chris i wander back over to my detector thats been sitting on the ground next to the hole , i pick it up and stat to swing and beep beep two feet away from the hole i just dug ? (at this point i feel i should tell you chris is yet to find an indian head penny and its driving him nuts coz ive found two on previous hunts with him ) low and behold out pops a fatty indian head with a date of what i think is 1868, the thought did cross my mind not to tell him but ya know......i like to see his little chubby cheeks go red...lol.
after the air had turned back to clear from a rather nice shade of blue off i went again .
30 mins pasted and another signal at two inches and out pops a loverly two piece button with a big eagle on the front and the words ns meyer newyork on the back in realy nice condition followed 5 mins later by what i think is a milk bottle top come token ? with the words glendale E&K 1pint milk , looks quite old and cant find a lot on the net about it , to end i also found a st christopher so all in all a great day !!!!.
chris called me about an hour ago and informed me he just called to tell me he hates me......which is nice.......lmao.
ill post some pics when the coins come out of the soy sause there currently socking in.
hh folks

aloldstuff
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice going on getting your 1st shield nickel, I'm still waiting for one. Isn't it a great feeling to find the item that your hunting partner is so longing for, well thats what Rob says after he dug the buffalo that I really wanted. :congrats: on some nice hunting

RaZR
11-11-2012, 07:19 PM
[size=24pt]Congrats!!!! On the shield nickel and the I.H.
I have only one I.H. and i found it in the lake. Maybe Chris needs a water detector! lol

GL/HH

ChrisinCT
11-11-2012, 09:00 PM
really nice finds today Lee.

Ill get my Indian where you got yours today.

I think we may have found virgin ground for a change?

Also that's the third IH you have found working twenty feet a from me.

As for me all I got today was some clad and a olf flat button with Gild standard on the back.

Don't know if there's anything on the front, I have it soaking.

What's amazing to me is here's a button probably 100 years old and it still has black wool in the loop on the back. Never seen that before.