PDA

View Full Version : Herd of Buffs, Flock of Mercs, Misc Finds, and Nice Times

z118
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
It's been another while since I've been able to get in some good swing time. Work has monopolized so much time that hunting has taken a back seat. I've found that beyond actual time to hunt it's very helpful to have time during the week to just THINK about where to hunt next. Otherwise I find myself scratching my head over where to go and I wind up at the same old spots.

I did get a chance to spend some time staring at Google Earth before this weekend though, and I lined up three new spots that seemed like they might hold promise. Come Saturday morning however, I found myself unable to access the first spot due to fences and a lack of safe parking. The second spot was filled with people. On my way to the third spot I happened through an interesting area and I figured what the heck. I parked, and started hunting some out of the way wooded spots. Things started slow but when all was said and done I wound up with 8 wheats, and Indian Head cent, 3 Mercs, a Rosie, three Buffs, and a silver ring. Wow! This was a heck of a hunt for me, and I was thinking I'd found some kind of metal detecting paradise. Sunday morning I headed back with more time to hunt and a better idea of the area but had less luck this time, scoring 3 wheats, 2 Buffs, an Indian Head, and one Merc, plus some neat relics. I'm sure there is still stuff there to be found... even though the second hunt was still great I guess my hopes were a bit higher after the first go around. One way or another I will absolutely head back at some point.

The Zoshi item is a hand made dog tag (there's a phone number on the back). I'm not sure what the item next to it is... seems like some sort of odd buckle.

Beyond the great finds the weather this weekend was fantastic. It was great to get out for some swing time with only my thoughts and the quiet hum of a threshold tone.

Anyway... that's my story. Thanks for reading an happy hunting!

ChrisinCT
11-11-2012, 09:03 PM
That's two terrific hunts. I'd be very pleased.

bob_e99
11-12-2012, 07:18 AM
:congrats: :congrats:

I'd sell my first born (no offense) for a hunt like that. lol

Love the mercs, would love to find my first indian head and a silver ring to top things off would make my month for sure.

:drool:

Continued good hunting.

POKIE73
11-12-2012, 07:22 AM
congrats on a great hunt <: looks like you had a great time |:cheering: you had quite the variety of finds there nice silver coins and a ring to boot again congrtas on a god hunt dennis :happy: :happy:

giant056
11-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Wow!!!! what a bunch of fantastic finds thumbsup01 I'd be camped out at that spot :grin:

aloldstuff
11-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Some very nice hunting. I would definately be going back. :congrats: on all those keepers

CODY
11-12-2012, 02:00 PM
:wow: Nice finds, Great hunt in my book any day. :congrats: