PDA

View Full Version : Super Saturday Sixteen Silvers!

Bell-Two
11-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Super Saturday Sixteen Silvers!

We had a super Saturday for sure! We met up for a group hunt, Micah aka LDC, Jared aka Bucknut, Doug, Malachi and Diane. It was a beautiful day for November and we took full advantage of it detecting in two parks. I started out with a small religious pendant, it was amazing I found it at all, I barely got a squeak of a high tone with decent numbers and I gave it a shot at 10” out came a nice St. Jude medal. A bit later I got a jumpy nickel signal and was able to retrieve a 1919 Buffalo nickel. It was neat since I could see the nickel impression on the dirt before actually finding the nickel. Diane gave me the silver signal and I went over to see her holding a pretty 1941 Merc. Doug sent Malachi over to me with a clump of dirt showing a silver edge which turned out to be a 1941 Merc as well. Later on Doug got a 1946 Rosey. Jared and Micah did well there too I will let them tell their story but pictures of their finds are in the video. At the new site we started out a bit slow since the massive amount of iron there made for difficulty in picking out the signals. Diane made a great find in a hole with a zinc penny she also found her first Walking Liberty Half! She said she was getting a decent number and knew it was not the zinc that was giving her reading, a few inches below it was the half…the girl is getting really good at this detecting game. Today seemed to be a day of slightly odd signals, I was getting a 12-38 -39 and was expecting a wheat penny when out popped a 1909 Indian, no S of course! I was finding some wheats and then I got a token, a John Tyler presidential token made of brass just like the one Diane had dug at the field a few weeks ago. A bit later I was getting a sniff of a 10-42 11-42 signal and was thinking a wheat penny but at the bottom of the hole 8” down I could see a bit of silver showing, it was a 1942 Merc. After we left Micah stayed and made a couple of killer finds that I do not have on the video. Great day, great friends make a great hunt.

Hunting With Bell-Two #105 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTpafJf8rI#ws)

z118
11-12-2012, 10:24 AM
Those are some sweet digs. That St Jude medal is especially cool. Congrats!

POKIE73
11-12-2012, 10:33 AM
congrats to the whole group lokks like a good time was had by everybody there :grouphug: thats what this hooby is all about another great hunt and a great videos too congrats on your hunt dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

aloldstuff
11-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Great hunt. The video was nice and :congrats: on all those keepers.

CODY
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
:perfect10: :wow: Nice hunt. Great finds. Love that WLH. Great video too. :congrats:

giant056
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
You all found a great bunch of finds and great video too thumbsup01

milco
11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Amazing stuff, that must have been a great time!