PDA

View Full Version : 31 Degrees, Windy & Partly Silver

milco
11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
I was going to meet up with a IllDigger (Tim) and Firefighter43 (Jeff) to hunt some parks out of town today, but it did not work out for my schedule. (Sorry I had to bale on you guys at the last minute!) So I decided to try out a small park for an hour this morning, and then hit the street projects for about an hour and a half this afternoon.

The first stop at the small park yielded the 1919 wheat cent and the 1963 canadian cent plus some trash. These were the only two coins I dug there.

At the sidewalk tearout I got there just as they were moving some more dirt around so I followed the heavy machinery as they went and got two wheat cents, a crusty 1900IH and a 1942D Mercury Dime.

aloldstuff
11-12-2012, 07:57 PM
And the tearouts still produce. :congrats: on getting the merc and wheats.

leslie(nova scotia)
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....glad you got out as old man winter is just around the corner. <;)

SeabeeRon
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Harsh conditions, but you still go for it!! :frozen: |:confused:)

Ill Digger
11-13-2012, 11:19 AM
To bad you couldn't make it out with us Darren. You really didn't miss too much. \:[
But it looks like you did just fine on your own today (yesterday lol ). :yes: thumbsup01
Heck! You had a better day than me. :envious:
I dig the marble thumbsup01 Thats cool! :cool:
Any idea what the last item is? The badge looking thingy :confused: :dontknow: Looks interesting :thinkingabout:
Nice huntin'!
Congrats! :grin:
p.s. keep the 18th open if you can ;)

milco
11-13-2012, 03:57 PM
To bad you couldn't make it out with us Darren. You really didn't miss too much. \:[
But it looks like you did just fine on your own today (yesterday lol ). :yes: thumbsup01
Heck! You had a better day than me. :envious:
I dig the marble thumbsup01 Thats cool! :cool:
Any idea what the last item is? The badge looking thingy :confused: :dontknow: Looks interesting :thinkingabout:
Nice huntin'!
Congrats! :grin:
p.s. keep the 18th open if you can ;)

Thanks Tim! Not sure on the last item yet, part of a little collar pin or something I think. I am tied up on the 18th unfortunately, but hoping to make it out all day on the 17th. Sundays almost never work for me, but thanks for mentioning it! Sorry you guys did not find much, I thought that park really had the potential of being a real rural sleeper!

Fire Fighter 43
11-14-2012, 12:20 AM
WTG Darren, looks like you did alright on your own, too bad your plans changed. We did not kill it but had a good time trying to stay warm and stay focused on the hunt. We will definitely have to try and get out before the freeze.

Ill Digger
11-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks Tim! Not sure on the last item yet, part of a little collar pin or something I think.
Oh ::huh:: OK. Well keep us up to date if and when you find out anything about it would you please? :->
I know your pretty thorough with your researches! :yes: |:confused:)
And it looks like a interesting piece. :thinkingabout:

Sorry you guys did not find much, I thought that park really had the potential of being a real rural sleeper!
:yes: Boy o' boy did it! :shocked01: It looked great! :drool:
But ... :dontknow: I don't know? Don't worry about it. \:hammer:
Oh well. Now we know! :thumbsdown:......... thumbsup01 lol

I am tied up on the 18th unfortunately, but hoping to make it out all day on the 17th. Sundays almost never work for me, but thanks for mentioning it!
Just this Saturday isn't good. We're having a birthday party this Saturday. ;)

milco
11-14-2012, 08:09 AM
Any idea what the last item is? The badge looking thingy

Found it Tim, it is an antique lapel stick pin, or the top portion of what is left of one.
Check out what it used to look like here:

http://anpstickpins.blogspot.com/2004/07/varnish-paints-dupont-tools.html