PDA

View Full Version : This one hit a few branches one the way down.....

Snapolson
11-13-2012, 10:50 AM
....from the UGLY tree!!!! :shocked04: lol Man, this former quarter took a beating. I'm not sure how it got this way but I'd say it still counts.

I got out yesterday for a while and this was the only keeper. My hunting buddy did way better. He found an 1829 capped bust dime!!

This thing rang up as a nickel for some reason. When it popped out I thought it was just a piece of junk metal but then I saw the eagle and I knew it was a standing liberty quarter. Funny thing is I was actually able to see the date, a 1924. Cool!

Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :groovy:

SeabeeRon
11-13-2012, 10:53 AM
That coin has got to win The Ugly Coin contest!! :cool: :poke: :peace:

aloldstuff
11-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I second that motion....the ugliest coin. I don't know if I should send congrats or condolences

Ill Digger
11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
:yes: Yeah that's one ugly SLQ! :hysterical:
But I think it might be a counterfeit one :thinkingabout:
The way it's corroding around the edges. Kind of like a zinc penny does. :confused:
Plus it coming in like a nickle :eyebrow: That sounds fishy to me. :-\
This would be the first counterfeit one I've ever seen if it is a counterfeit. There were a lot of tough times in the 20's and 30's . It wouldn't surprise me if they are out there.
It's still a cool find!
Congrats! :grin:

Jeff (or)
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
:yes: Yeah that's one ugly SLQ! :hysterical:
But I think it might be a counterfeit one :thinkingabout:
The way it's corroding around the edges. Kind of like a zinc penny does. :confused:
Plus it coming in like a nickle :eyebrow: That sounds fishy to me. :-\
This would be the first counterfeit one I've ever seen if it is a counterfeit. There were a lot of tough times in the 20's and 30's . It wouldn't surprise me if they are out there.
It's still a cool find!
Congrats! :grin:

Cool find, but I think Ill Digger is correct. :cool:

Snapolson
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Looks like I may have to take it off of my silver count if it is indeed a counterfeit! Too bad. :girlcry:

dalewestaby
11-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Your quarter is so ugly, it wasnt accidentally dropped!

Your quarter is so ugly, even the ground didnt want it anymore!

thats alll i got :lipssealed:

POKIE73
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
i hate to >:tongue: >:tongue: i have to say that is one ugly quarter but as far as i am concerned it still counts dennis :peace:

jkress
11-15-2012, 11:38 PM
:shocked04: Definitely more than a 'few' branches. lol

I'd have to agree it does not quite look authentic, but a cool and unusual find nonetheless. :yes:

Very nice keeper Snap!!

CODY
11-15-2012, 11:48 PM
WOW! I'll have to agree with the others. That is one ugly SLQ. Be sure to let us know what you find out about it. Cool find.