PDA

View Full Version : Recent Finds

Spike
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Not much- but in good condition and two firsts. My first fat indian and eagal butten- found my second two center- it has very good detail but green- tried olive oil. Any other ideas?

coinnut
04-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice group of coins and in pretty good condition. Them fattie Indians don't usually hold up very well, due to the composition of them. Copper with nickle isn't a good mix when exposed to the ground. lol I wouldn't do much with that 2 center. That emerald green patina is the better of the many different green patinas. If you remove it, you may not like what you see :ticked: It usually hides the pits pretty well. Great hunt and worth going back for more :yes:

magic
04-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Nice finds. I agree with coinnut about leaving it the way it is. But if you are really wanting to do something, I use the boiling peroxide method and then soak them in olive oil for a few days. It still lets them keep that old chocolate brown color and just removes the green and dirt

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-05-2010, 07:50 PM
cool finds! yeah i'd leave that 2 center just as it is.like coinnut said. if you take off that green patina.... nothing but, a ugly pitted coin you'll have.
nice job!

xzlr8n
04-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Sweet Indians. They make for a great everytime!!

Ill Digger
04-06-2010, 10:48 AM
That 2 center looks beautiful the way it is.
I've learned...it is....what it is :yes:
I can't wait to find one myself :crying02:
Great group of finds thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

ProPointer
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Awesome Finds! Love The Shield Nickel!
HH!

hoser
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Awesome finds. I too would leave well enough alone on the two center. I made the mistake of removing the green on an Injun ONCE! and other than just cleaning with soap and water with a soft tooth brush I leave them as is. Well done to you.

Cheap Thrills
04-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Great Stuff that button is a nice one also . thumbsup01

Baba