PDA

View Full Version : Long day nets silver!

Beefcake
04-05-2010, 10:03 PM
I started my day at 11 am at a house that I have hunted before with my DFX. This house was built in the late 1800's in a historic town. The first hunt netted me a whopping memorial penny... Today I also only found one coin. This time I got a dateless Buffalo nickel. I then moved on to a house I haven't hunted before, it's a friend's sister's house that dates to the turn of the century...cool place, still has the outhouse standing and the springhouse with an old barn. It was a short hunt there, but I got permission to come back. In 15 minutes I netted a wheatie and a 1914(make that 1944) Mercury Dime in the first five feet in the front yard. I left there to meet up with Deepbeeps from Buckeye treasure and hunt with him. We went to a nice picnic grove, but coins were few and far between. We both picked up some clad and I got another wheatie. My day didn't end until dark, and there wasn't a ton of coins, but I had alot of fun and got another silver with the E-trac. Here's the pic...still all dirty...

Cheap Thrills
04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice finds , check that date again on the Mercury dime . first ones came out in 1916 .Sounds like your getting the hang of that E-trac . thumbsup01

Baba

Epi-hunter
04-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Another great day for you and the E-Trac BC. thumbsup01 Congrats!!

Beefcake
04-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Haha!!! I just grabbed it and rubbed it a bit more... that's a big 1944... Thanks for the reminder...

angellionel
04-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Congrats, BC! You are getting the hang of your machine. thumbsup01

Beefcake
04-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I decided to bring along the DFX for the grove hunt, so I used it for about the last hour for the wooded area... HOLY COW, man did that thing feel wierd in my hands again... I had totally forgotten the tones on the DFX too...thing sounded really aweful to me... It was nice to utilize the DFX's speed and agility in the woods though. You can really cover the ground with that thing. It felt so light and the handle seemed so small.

hoser
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
WTG Buddy. Another silver has been saved from the ravishes of time in the ground. Nice going on your finds and having a good friend to hunt with. Don't get any better than that. thumbsup01

Lowjiber
04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Nice goin Beef!!! thumbsup01

Ill Digger
04-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Nice handful of keepers there thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Nice silver and Buff. Not a lot of coins, but some good ones though. I bet you will have more silver when you get a chance to return to that place. :yes: I hear you about using the DFX, after using the E Trac. It seems weird :confused: Just two different feeling and sounding machines. You forget the tones after just a short while lol I might just sell my DFX since it's collecting dust. :rolleyes: I wouldn't know how to use it now rofl Great that you got out and put more hours on your machine. It's all about putting in the time on any machine that makes you a better detectorist. thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-06-2010, 04:49 PM
nice finds beef.keep up the great work with the e-trac! thumbsup01