PDA

View Full Version : Help, I can't see your jpgs!

Full Metal Digger
11-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Hey diggers,

Looking for some help here. I notice on the posts that have jpgs attached, they only partially load when I view your thread. I can only see the top inch of each picture. Is this a problem with my computer's memory size? I don't have this problem on other forums so I'm kind of puzzled. Thanks for any help you can offer. Dave.

CyberSage
11-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Hey Dave! Sorry your having troubles. What web browser/version are you using?

Full Metal Digger
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Hey Dave! Sorry your having troubles. What web browser/version are you using?

Internet Explorer 8

CyberSage
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
That should work just fine.What kind of internet connection?

angellionel
11-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Something else Dave, are you also experiencing this with other browsers, like Firefox or Chrome?

Full Metal Digger
11-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Something else Dave, are you also experiencing this with other browsers, like Firefox or Chrome?

Angel, I only use IE8 but I can see jpgs smaller than 100kb with no problem on this forum. It's just the bigger ones I can't see.

angellionel
11-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Angel, I only use IE8 but I can see jpgs smaller than 100kb with no problem on this forum. It's just the bigger ones I can't see.

One cause may be a slow connection speed, as Jack alluded to. But let's try a few other things. Please bear with me on the following questions, but it's best to have them all up front than keep guessing. lol

1) Is this something that has been going on for a while or did it start recently?
2) Does it happen with all large images, whether hosted on this server or linked to outside the server?
3) Have you tried emptying your cache only? (Internet Options - Browsing History - Delete) Deselected everything except Temporary Internet Files and click on Delete.

One more thing to try, and only if it's something you don't mind doing, install either Firefox or Google Chrome and access the same pages to see if the same thing happens.

Let us know. We may be able to offer more assistance if we can narrow down a possible cause. :yes:

Full Metal Digger
11-17-2012, 02:53 PM
It only recently started happening. It is only this forum that I have the problem with seeing jpgs bigger than 100kb. I have Charter high speed service (>1 Mb/sec). I do not have the problem with the hosted pics no matter how big they are! Thanks for your time and help, Dave.

angellionel
11-17-2012, 03:01 PM
It only recently started happening. It is only this forum that I have the problem with seeing jpgs bigger than 100kb. I have Charter high speed service (>1 Mb/sec). I do not have the problem with the hosted pics no matter how big they are! Thanks for your time and help, Dave.

So it's only happening with large images that have been uploaded to this server, not those hosted elsewhere, like Photobucket, right? :thinkingabout:

I don't recall there being any recent changes made to the forum settings, but I'll take a look to see if anything seems different. Thanks Dave.

Full Metal Digger
11-17-2012, 05:55 PM
So it's only happening with large images that have been uploaded to this server, not those hosted elsewhere, like Photobucket, right? :thinkingabout:

I don't recall there being any recent changes made to the forum settings, but I'll take a look to see if anything seems different. Thanks Dave.

If I'm the only one having this problem then it must be on my end. Is anyone else not able to see the larger jpgs uploaded to your server?

JTGOLD
12-22-2012, 11:26 AM
I have been having the same problem,and was wondering if you have problems with seeing my pic's?