PDA

View Full Version : Traveled South a few hours

dalewestaby
11-16-2012, 08:39 PM
So I took a vacation day to get away from it all and drove a few hours south to meet up with Jkress and Ron at a park that we all studied old Arial photos on. Became a park in the 30's and grew to a giant present day park swallowing up old farm field as time went on. Coins seemed to be really sparce. I got hardly 2 dollars in change. The great part was the the few coins that I dug, a lot of them were older. We were all pretty dry in the finds after about an hour or so, and I then yank out an indianhead penny!, which predates the park by far. I turn around to wave Jkress over, and hes looking at me waving me over! I run over to him and he just yanked out a liberty half, and there's one still stuck in the hole! That turkey! :shocked03: Definitely exciting!, and that same hill both gave us a keeper or two. All in all, we did really good, we all yanked out silver and we all got stellar finds :cool: I got some really nice war nickels and my very 1st civil war style bullet which is in rockin condition.

milco
11-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Great finds Dale, congrats on the three ringer and all the cool old coins! Sounds like a great spot!

Tony Two-Cent
11-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Great finds, Dale! I'm jealous that you got to hunt with Joe! :envious:

Congrats on the Indian Head, silvers and the curtain weight! thumbsup01

:congrats:

jkress
11-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Congrats on your keepers Dale! :clapping: A silver dime is always a welcome sight
in the dirt, but the war nickels are special ones to find for sure. :happydance01:

The bullet and Two Center were the highlights of the day. :smitten: Super finds. I forgot to ask you how deep was the bullet?

Wish we had more time to talk... but we were all busy looking at the ground going in different directions. lol

Hopefully we can plan another hunt there before the end of the year. :yes: I'm sure there is a lot more there to get our coils over. thumbsup01

POKIE73
11-17-2012, 01:07 AM
i has to be a good time traveling to a different place to hunt with freinds that you meet on these forums congrats to everybody nice to see you all had some luck dennis :perfect10: :perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
11-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Very nice hunt Dale, the bullet is a great find for WI |:cheering: It is good to see you we're able to get together with Joe.

marinedad
11-17-2012, 01:01 PM
nice hunt dale, keep it up until the ground freezes.

aloldstuff
11-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Dale, What a way to spend a vacation day, hunting with two new people and scoring some silvers and the IH looks pretty good. :congrats: on your 1st CW style bullet

CODY
11-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Great finds. :congrats: