PDA

View Full Version : Field hunt with JTGold today...

Tony Two-Cent
11-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Terry got permission to hunt an alfalfa field that had recently been plowed. A school yard once existed where this field is, and Terry had been told that it has never been hunted. He invited me up to give it a try with him. What a guy!

This field is right across the street from where he found the large cent and the watch fob last weekend. Although it is a farm field it is actually in town. (A very small town.)

Due to the recent plowing the terrain was very rough and uneven which made hunting a little more difficult. Nevertheless, we both found a few coins. I ended up with 4 wheat cents, 1 Jefferson nickel, a 1948 Rosie, a neat store token, plus a clay marble that I eyeballed on the surface.

Here is Terry and me getting ready to begin our hunt:

Here are my finds for the day. I found the V Nickel at a park I stopped at on the way home.

I couldn't read the token until I got it home and cleaned it up. I had to chuckle when I saw that it is from the town where Terry lives, although we were hunting pretty far away from there.

Thanks again the the invite, Terry! It was a fun day!

Full Metal Digger
11-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Nice finds Tony. That was real nice of JT to invite you to a virgin spot! Nice collection of coins--glad to see you avoided the NSDHOS too. That V nickel is sweet. Thats the first full LIBERTY I have seen on a dug V nickel too. Should clean up nice. If you decide you don't want the marble I'd like it for my pile!! :wow:

Thiltzy
11-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Great gesture and nice finds. :clapping:

JTGOLD
11-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Tony that token was a pool hall token and I used to go there when I was a kid nolan's
first name was snuffy,and his brother's name was mattie, I;m happy we both got silver
out of that field and I had a good time,didn't remember seeing that V nic thoe..maybe we can get together again next year,, :congrats: on all your finds,,,Terry

Tony Two-Cent
11-17-2012, 10:18 PM
didn't remember seeing that V nic thoe

I found that V Nickel on the way home at a park I stopped at. (One of the parks I asked you about.) Remember that advertising pen that I found and gave to you? It was the park in that town.

jkress
11-17-2012, 11:24 PM
You guys had a successful day!! :perfect10: Nothing better than silver in everybody's pockets. :happydance01:

Congrats on the silver and especially the V and token. :smitten:

dalewestaby
11-17-2012, 11:26 PM
wow great finds guys! im so going to get out tomorrow :) |:cheering:

Epi-hunter
11-18-2012, 12:18 AM
Great finds - congratulations! I love that token especially! :cheering:

Nice photo of you two also. :) (Except that farm in the background makes this Iowa born girl really homesick :crying02: )

POKIE73
11-18-2012, 06:42 AM
congrats on a great hunt with freinds i also like the token they are always a welcome find dennis :clapping: :clapping:

aloldstuff
11-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Tony, you are the forums social butterfly. Really great that you can meet up with other forum members and get some hunting time in with them. Some nice finds today, really nice V

OxShoeDrew
11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Great finds - congratulations! I love that token especially! :cheering:

Nice photo of you two also. :) (Except that farm in the background makes this Iowa born girl really homesick :crying02: )

Those are silos:huh: :shocked04: Nice finds! We should have an AD hunt.....I'd travel...or work to procure a site....probably should be more centrally located though. Pipe dream? Congrats on another fine hunt.

milco
11-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Looks like you made some great finds and the weather looks like it was nice and sunny there!