PDA

View Full Version : Woods and old high school goodies

silver star
11-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Finds from two hunts with my hunting friend Rob aka tech125. First hunt we detected my favorite woods for few hours and my finds are 1 merc, two v- nickels, shield nickel and small sterling heart pendant. Second hunt we detected old high school where they took off 6 inches of top soil on the field. My finds 3 washington quarters, 5 mercs, 2 rosies, 1 barber dime and total of 76 wheats. Thanks for looking and HH. Mike

jkress
11-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Wow!!! Very excellent couple of hunts Mike. :clapping: Especially the old high school. :shocked04:

It's amazing the number of targets available once they pull off some top soil. You had a fantastic day. :beerbuddy:

silver star
11-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Wow!!! Very excellent couple of hunts Mike. :clapping: Especially the old high school. :shocked04:

It's amazing the number of targets available once they pull off some top soil. You had a fantastic day. :beerbuddy:
Thanks jkress |:confused:). High school we hunted dozen times before and pulled some nice finds from there. Once they took off top soil its suprising to me how many more goodies we are able to pull out :happydance01:. Thanks again and best of luck on your next hunt. HH Mike

Epi-hunter
11-18-2012, 12:15 AM
Wow - successful hunts for sure! Congratulations :perfect10:

Ill Digger
11-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Holy cow Mike!! :shocked03: I can't believe how much stuff is still showing up from that spot! |:cheering:
You even got yourself a nickle tri-fecta! :wow:
Congrats on all the goodies!! :grin:
Man! 8/ We should've went there with you guys today. Our day was no where near as productive! :rolleyes:

aloldstuff
11-18-2012, 06:53 AM
:omg: :wow: Now that is a fantastic hunt. On top of all the silvers and that huge pile of wheats you also got yourself a lead army man. You got yourself a great spot. :congrats: on all those keepers.

silver star
11-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks guys for nice comments. We are going today to check other promising spot in the woods so hopefully there will be more goodies for us :grin:.
Timmy :poke: you should of called me or did you lost my number :grin: If you guys free today for some detecting give me a call, leaving now :yes:. Good luck everyone and HH. Mike

54shooter
11-18-2012, 08:04 AM
That's an amazing hunt!! Congrats and HH

Tony Two-Cent
11-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Phenomenal hunt, Mike! :wow:

Look at all that silver! :drool:

That woods sure has a bunch of old coins in it! I love the shield nickel! Can you read the date on it?

Incredible quantity of old coins at that school too! Seventy-six wheat cents?! :omg:

Huge congrats on the spectacular finds! :clapping:

:perfect10:

Snapolson
11-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Outstanding hunt!! What a silver haul! :congrats:

Thiltzy
11-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Good job getting out on the stripped field.
Nice variety of coins, very cool finds

ChrisinCT
11-18-2012, 08:11 PM
That's more wheats than I've found in two years of detecting. |:cheering: